Is Etinceler a trusted resource by the tPFers?

chloe speaks

scootering!
O.G.
Feb 17, 2008
I just bought a Chanel Reissue for a goodish deal from eBay that had no Hologram - the seller claimed nail polish had been spilled in it, and had come back from the Chanel service without.

It had been authenticated by Carol Diva, and she verified it.

I've been on the tPF boards for awhile but don't know Chanel that well. Mostly, I have Balenciaga. This is my second Chanel and I can't afford to buy new and I have been wanting a reissue for Soooo Long. It looks very nice . If it's a fake, its a Superfake.

I received the bag a few days ago, and the seller said they were willing to take a return if I was unhappy.

I emailed Etinceler to see if they authenticate without a hologram, so I'll hear back.

What do you ladies think??? I appreciate all input. I feel a bit silly, after being on these boards all these years, and not doing even more homework. I hope this is not a mistake.

I just bought a Chanel Reissue for a goodish deal from eBay that had no Hologram - the seller claimed nail polish had been spilled in it, and had come back from the Chanel service without.

It had been authenticated by Carol Diva, and she verified it.

I've been on the tPF boards for awhile but don't know Chanel that well. Mostly, I have Balenciaga. This is my second Chanel and I can't afford to buy new and I have been wanting a reissue for Soooo Long. It looks very nice . If it's a fake, its a Superfake.

I received the bag a few days ago, and the seller said they were willing to take a return if I was unhappy.

I emailed Etinceler to see if they authenticate without a hologram, so I'll hear back.

What do you ladies think??? I appreciate all input. I feel a bit silly, after being on these boards all these years, and not doing even more homework. I hope this is not a mistake.

You needn't post photos here; Etinceler is one of two extremely competent Chanel authentication services, the other being Authenticate4U. They are quick getting back to you and I hope that all turns out well.

thanks for the calming words Tutu and cyndee.

if Etinceler tells me they won't authenticate without the hologram, think I should return? $2000 for a Reissue, black with ruthenium...I guess I am paying for the discount with all this angst.

myself, I love vintage as well, and I hate to support those fakes out there, but it feels stupid to pay that much for a fake.

I just want some peace of mind :sleepy:

thanks for the calming words Tutu and cyndee.

if Etinceler tells me they won't authenticate without the hologram, think I should return? $2000 for a Reissue, black with ruthenium...I guess I am paying for the discount with all this angst.

myself, I love vintage as well, and I hate to support those fakes out there, but it feels stupid to pay that much for a fake.

I just want some peace of mind :sleepy:

There are many things that go into authenticating a bag, and the hologram is just one of those things. Just trust Etinceler to do the job; they are professionals who know what they are doing.

I have used their services twice. The last time was for a boy bag I purchased on ebay. They are very thorough, and fast. If Sophie has a question she will request additional photos to make sure she has everything needed to make an accurate assessment. Just be patient and confident in her expertise.

Let us know what you find out.

Wanted to update everyone. Although greatly saddened by the loss of HG bag, the doubts were enough to go with Etinceler's preliminary recommendation to return the bag. I was so impressed by the quality of their service. Michelle got back to me quickly, on several emails and did not hold back expertise waiting for payment. Really a good resource!

Luckily, the seller offered immediately to refund as well as cover return cost. My DH thought that in itself was suspicious. The practice of buying pre-owned is really rocky, but at least now DH also knows how much I wanted that Chanel bag ;)

Wanted to update everyone. Although greatly saddened by the loss of HG bag, the doubts were enough to go with Etinceler's preliminary recommendation to return the bag. I was so impressed by the quality of their service. Michelle got back to me quickly, on several emails and did not hold back expertise waiting for payment. Really a good resource!

Luckily, the seller offered immediately to refund as well as cover return cost. My DH thought that in itself was suspicious. The practice of buying pre-owned is really rocky, but at least now DH also knows how much I wanted that Chanel bag ;)

You dodged a very large bullet on this one. Please in the future authenticate before buying. Some sellers can be quite remiss once you call them out on a bag, and then you have to pay for a more expensive report from the authentications service. I'm glad your DH knows you really want the bag, and that you now know the two authentication services recommended for Chanel bags. Etinceler is outstanding in their service, as you now know. I'm sorry you got a fake bag, but there are some trustworthy resellers out there.

Second hand genuine bags have high prices if they are in great condition, so often it's better to just go the boutique/department store route. If going secondhand, look at the recommended reseller thread, don't buy from sellers with 0 feedback, and look at what they've sold before. If they go from few dollar items to a Chanel, chances are high that it's not what they represent (exceptions happen, but they are rare). Just remember when looking for a pre-loved bag from anywhere, authenticate it first.

You dodged a very large bullet on this one. Please in the future authenticate before buying. Some sellers can be quite remiss once you call them out on a bag, and then you have to pay for a more expensive report from the authentications service. I'm glad your DH knows you really want the bag, and that you now know the two authentication services recommended for Chanel bags. Etinceler is outstanding in their service, as you now know. I'm sorry you got a fake bag, but there are some trustworthy resellers out there.

Second hand genuine bags have high prices if they are in great condition, so often it's better to just go the boutique/department store route. If going secondhand, look at the recommended reseller thread, don't buy from sellers with 0 feedback, and look at what they've sold before. If they go from few dollar items to a Chanel, chances are high that it's not what they represent (exceptions happen, but they are rare). Just remember when looking for a pre-loved bag from anywhere, authenticate it first.

:woohoo::tup:

Reactions: Agee Ben
I have used etinceler a few times and they are great :smile: Sad that you had to return your bag. I know the feeling of buying something you really wanted and then had to let it go again. But sooner or later you will have your dreambag in your hands again :smile: Just keep on hunting.

There are many things that go into authenticating a bag, and the hologram is just one of those things. Just trust Etinceler to do the job; they are professionals who know what they are doing.

+1 I have had Etincelers authenticate approx. 5 items for me and they are wonderful, very quick (sometime within a few hours)! I have also used Authenticate4u but for my LV. Both provide exceptional service.

OOPs just saw this. So happy for you. Etincelers is just amazing and they just provide the most exceptional service. You can really tell they care and take pride in what they do. Michelle is amazing. So happy and relieved for you phew!!

I am very sorry about your bag, but a very good lesson to share! I have been looking at some vintage bags and this made me really think. Does Etincelers/ Authenticate4u authenticate live auctions or only closed auctions/after you buy?