Is eBay the best place to Sell LV?

Jeffrey_LV

Nov 9, 2010
Hi - I am new to the forum and have found some great info... but I need some help. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I have the original receipt from the Champs-Elysees store in Paris.

Question(s)

- Is eBay the best method of selling?
- I cant find the bags in other auctions / whats the best method of pricing?
- If ebay, should I set a BIN or just do normal auction?
- Do I need to get the items authenticated - or would receipt scan + may photos of the key bits of the items suffice?
- Is there anything else I should know? :smile:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my question. I appreciate any and all responses!

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Ebay has the most traffic. Other venues charge less in fees but it may take longer to sell.
Did you check completed listings on Ebay or what they are going for on any other sites?
If you start an auction off low set a reserve. If you start high use Best Offer. Auctions have lower final value fees that BINs. I *think* that the FVF for auctions are capped at $50 but that there is no cap on BIN fvf.
I personally have my items authenticated by caroldiva. She was charging about $6 IIRC. Her word is accepted by Ebay/PP in disputes. I include that info in my listings. REceipts are easily faked.

Good Luck

If you have a new account you are limited to how many designer items you can list. And if you have less then 10 or 15 feedback you can't list buy it now. If you are set on a price you want for them you should do buy it now or auction with reserve even though the listing fees r higher. Use a eBay fee calculator before listing because you maybe surprised by how much they take off.
Remember to always have tracking number and insurance on items you ship out and never ship to a different address then what's on their paypal. That's how people get scammed.
I would recommend as many pictures as possible. Best way is to upload them on photobucket and use the HTML code to put it in the item description. That way you save on picture fees and you can put as many pictures as you want.
I sell on eBay mostly and sometimes locally on craigslist and items usually sell first on eBay but every once in awhile items do sell for more on craigs. But I send the bf cause it can be dangerous meeting strangers that know you are coming with an expensive bag.
Good luck!

I have sold several LV bags and wallets on ebay with success. I agree with the poopsie2 that ebay has the most traffic. I have sold all of them to international buyers which used to terrify me but I really trust my instincts and really check the buyer's feedback and e-mail them with concerns. If I'm not comfortable with someone I do not sell. I always get delivery/signature confirmation with insurance and return receipt if international. Save all your ppwk just in case they file a claim on you. Good luck!

Thank you for all your help! I have done a small amount of eBay selling in the past and have 39 feedback - so it looks like I hit the thresholds for BIN pricing.

I have found other auctions for the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx... but I was unable to locate the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Is there any other resources that will give FMV of items?

Thanks!
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff-

We have a strict no selling/buying/ trading on our forum. We do not allow members to post about specific items they are selling because they can come off as 'want to sell' adds. Please generalize when asking questions about items you are interested in selling. Thanks!

Thanks - sorry about that. Any help on pricing LV products (that cant be find in current / sold eBay auctions) would be very helpful. Not sure if there is a Fair Market Value price guide somewhere.

Jeff

^ All I know is that LV usually sells for close to or at retail price if the item is in good condition. Your best bet is to look at what the item costs new and then, depending on the condition, take the price down a bit. If you cannot find your exact item for sale anywhere, look for an item that is similar.

The market will eventually tell you what it's worth. Someone is not going to bid if it's not worth it to them. You could start your auction on the high side, to see if you'll get bidders and then work your way down if there is no interest.

If you hit the SELL button on the top right of the eBay page, it would bring you to a page where you can type in the name of your item and they give you the last 3 week's average 'sold' price of that item.

Or like Poopsie said... you can search completed auctions.. I do both so I can compare my item's condition as well.