Is eBay stuck or something?

indiaink

Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
I have an item - starting price was 9.99, with a BIN of 75.00. So, somebody places their 9.99 bid, and the BIN is still there. OK, "Help" says it can be there for a very short time after a bid is made - a lucky buyer could come along and snatch it up using the BIN.

BUT NO... hours later, three bids, and the BIN is still there. No, there's not a Reserve. It's just weird.

Am I missing something?

I am fairly sure that I recently read that ebay was experimenting with keeping the BIN price on longer even after someone has bid. I tried to double check on that but I can't figure out where the heck I read it so I could be wrong.:s

OK, thanks, ladies. It makes sense. I'm torn about eBay's decision - although in this case if the BIN stays until the bidding has reached half the BIN, I guess that's OK - I've discovered that my item may be more valuable than the BIN I listed. But - that's the way it goes with selling on eBay, isn't it! Thanks again!

i actually like their little experiment...there was an item i was bidding on, starting $39.95 with a BIN of $65. i put a bid of $40 up and the BIN dissapeared....