Is dry shampoo causing build up?

I find I can't use dry shampoo more than two days in a row. Truly though, I don't like to go more than 24 hours without washing my hair (yes I know, it's bad for your hair - sue me :P) - so by the time it gets to 48 hours, I'm dying for a real wash.

I wash every other day. Once in a blue moon, I can almost go one more day but only w/ Batiste's help! I hate the feeling of the dry shampoo in my hair so I definitely wash the next day or that night.

I started washing my hair every other day instead of everyday. I use scented baby powder and dry shampoo on non-washing days. I read an article that dry shampoo can cause build up. I kind of noticed a little bit but it's not sure if it's build up or my scalp is just greasy. I am going to try a clarifying shampoo every 1-2 weeks to see if that makes a difference.

I was every two or three days, and I only use dry shampoo if I really must on the third day. When I wash the next day, I make sure to wash once with a clarifying shampoo (I use Redken cleansing cream) and then again with my normal shapmoo (Fekkai, with shea, can't recall the name). I always wash twice anyway.

I wash every other day. By mid-end of the day I don't wash my hair, I have to use dry shampoo. It does cause build up for me and I find I have to use a clarifying shampoo.

I only use it once in a while so I don't notice anything. . . I do, however, use a clarifying shampoo every 2 weeks.

What do you clarify with? Does it not strip your BB? I've been struggling lately w/ buildup and trying to use gentle clarifying shampoos or cider vinegar.

That being said, I try to not use dry shampoo! I hate the way it feels in my hair.

If you use a shampoo for dandruff but labelled for coloured hair it will remove products but not damage any added hair colours I also would wash first with the dandruff shampoo followed by a normal shampoo.

Tracy I hate the way it feels too. If I touch my hair I can feel the product on my fingers after :sick:
The clarifier I found that I like is KeraCare 1st Lather.
Coppola Keratin makes one as well.

Tracy I hate the way it feels too. If I touch my hair I can feel the product on my fingers after :sick:
The clarifier I found that I like is KeraCare 1st Lather.
Coppola Keratin makes one as well.

That's what I have and it does nothing for me! I did another BKT last week and it removed so much crap, my hair feels so much lighter. But maybe my hair was too far gone by the time I got the 1st Lather.
I'll try it in another week and keep up w/ it every two weeks, maybe that will help.
Thanks!

I've been using got2b dry shampoo and haven't noticed any build up.

But I also use a clarifying shampoo every 3-4 shampoos..
I use one made by joico

Sent from my iPhone!!!