Is dry shampoo causing build up?

CanadianN

Jan 16, 2011
Canada
Do you find you're getting build up on your scalp from dry shampoo or powder? Do you use a clarifying shampoo for that?

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I only use it once in a while so I don't notice anything. . . I do, however, use a clarifying shampoo every 2 weeks.

Cait

only once you live
Dec 11, 2005
I find I can't use dry shampoo more than two days in a row. Truly though, I don't like to go more than 24 hours without washing my hair (yes I know, it's bad for your hair - sue me :P) - so by the time it gets to 48 hours, I'm dying for a real wash.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I wash every other day. Once in a blue moon, I can almost go one more day but only w/ Batiste's help! I hate the feeling of the dry shampoo in my hair so I definitely wash the next day or that night.

CanadianN

Jan 16, 2011
Canada
I started washing my hair every other day instead of everyday. I use scented baby powder and dry shampoo on non-washing days. I read an article that dry shampoo can cause build up. I kind of noticed a little bit but it's not sure if it's build up or my scalp is just greasy. I am going to try a clarifying shampoo every 1-2 weeks to see if that makes a difference.

khuit

Jul 25, 2010
I was every two or three days, and I only use dry shampoo if I really must on the third day. When I wash the next day, I make sure to wash once with a clarifying shampoo (I use Redken cleansing cream) and then again with my normal shapmoo (Fekkai, with shea, can't recall the name). I always wash twice anyway.

terps08

Jan 1, 2011
I wash every other day. By mid-end of the day I don't wash my hair, I have to use dry shampoo. It does cause build up for me and I find I have to use a clarifying shampoo.

Tracy

shallowly obsessing
O.G.
Sep 30, 2007
I only use it once in a while so I don't notice anything. . . I do, however, use a clarifying shampoo every 2 weeks.
What do you clarify with? Does it not strip your BB? I've been struggling lately w/ buildup and trying to use gentle clarifying shampoos or cider vinegar.

That being said, I try to not use dry shampoo! I hate the way it feels in my hair.

Ondrea

O.G.
Aug 6, 2009
If you use a shampoo for dandruff but labelled for coloured hair it will remove products but not damage any added hair colours I also would wash first with the dandruff shampoo followed by a normal shampoo.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Tracy I hate the way it feels too. If I touch my hair I can feel the product on my fingers after :sick:
The clarifier I found that I like is KeraCare 1st Lather.
Coppola Keratin makes one as well.

Tracy

shallowly obsessing
O.G.
Sep 30, 2007
Tracy I hate the way it feels too. If I touch my hair I can feel the product on my fingers after :sick:
The clarifier I found that I like is KeraCare 1st Lather.
Coppola Keratin makes one as well.
That's what I have and it does nothing for me! I did another BKT last week and it removed so much crap, my hair feels so much lighter. But maybe my hair was too far gone by the time I got the 1st Lather.
I'll try it in another week and keep up w/ it every two weeks, maybe that will help.
Thanks!

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
the land of cold!
I've been using got2b dry shampoo and haven't noticed any build up.

But I also use a clarifying shampoo every 3-4 shampoos..
I use one made by joico

Sent from my iPhone!!!