Is David Yurman worth it?

Hi Everyone!
I started looking into DY and was wondering if it's worth it. I have a good amount of Tiffany pieces that I don't even wear anymore but saw some of the DY buckle bracelets and love them...but with the $500-$700 tag, I started wondering if it's all worth it.

Would love to know of your input and thoughts on this one!

TIA!

It is up to your style and preference. If you like DY design and plan to wear your DY pieces often, then, it is a great buy.
I used to buy a lot of small Tiffany and Cartier. I ended up not wearing them. Then, those pieces are not worth my investment. I have learned from my mistakes. I only buy statement pieces and wear them often.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!
I started looking into DY and was wondering if it's worth it. I have a good amount of Tiffany pieces that I don't even wear anymore but saw some of the DY buckle bracelets and love them...but with the $500-$700 tag, I started wondering if it's all worth it.

Would love to know of your input and thoughts on this one!

TIA!

I love DY and own several pieces though mine are mostly yellow gold.
I've always gotten compliments when I wear his pieces.
It's only worth it if you think you will wear it.

There was a time when I absolutely loved Yurman. I had many pieces but found most of them went unworn so I sold most of my collection. I still have a few pieces left to go but I have found that his designs, while beautiful, are no longer my taste. The thing is, they look absolutely fabulous on everyone else! LOL!

I think he does great work and I could see myself wearing a couple of his designs. But I can't say that it's my favorite - I prefer Jennifer Meyer, Cartier, and Pomellato

I have 2 pieces - a bracelet cuff w/ diamonds and a gold necklace. I regret the cuff, not the necklace. I don't wear it enough to justify its ridiculous price tag ($1900 on sale at the outlet!). I hate jewelry regrets but this is definitely one of them just based on a price per use math.

I'd suggest trying on a BUNCH of pieces in the store and see what really strikes your fancy and looks good on you. Because his pieces tend to be a little bigger, you really have to play around with the sizes to see what is right for your face/hands. I bought a pair of topaz cookie earrings randomly on a whim and now I wear them almost every day, so those were definitely worth it. For the most part, I really like my DY jewelry-IMO, it doesn't go out of style, and the pieces really go well not only with each other but with other brands of jewelry as well...for instance I pair the cookie earrings with my grandmother's vintage gold necklaces.

I think DY pieces are beautiful. He has many classic pieces that will never go out of style. They are expensive, but I find that most designer jewelry is overpriced. The trade off is quality(for the most part) and styles that will never go out of style.

At one time, I wuold have said yes, but not so much anymore. I guess I'm just not into trendy jewelry, because I don't see the value as much. I'd rather spend money on real gold than on designer silver. I'm more into getting unique investment pieces. I had bought a ton of DY stuff at a friends and family sale they had years ago and to me it was a great deal. I wouldn't have spent full price. So, I think for $700, buy some really unique earrings or something. I think people will compliment that more than DY.

When I first met my husband 9 years ago, he knew I liked DY jewelry so that's ALL he bought me, which was nice but def got old. I have several cuffs that I really love and wear all the time and think look great for layering. I have a few necklaces, some that I still wear, others I don't. His earrings, I have a few and don't love them as much as just plain ol' diamonds, but I do still wear them. Like a PP said, its worth it if you will wear it and I've found that the majority of my pieces are quite timeless and I do still wear them a lot.

If you love it and will wear it a lot, then it is. We can't tell you if something if worth it or not. We can't tell anyone if a $1 burger is worth if or not, if you like it, then it's worth it, if you don't like it, it's not worth it. Same with something that ranges +/- $500

It seems that with gold prices soaring, a lot of designers, including Yurman, are making more silver pieces and the prices are just too high. I do have a couple of gold Yurman pieces, and love them, but I'd have a hard time parting with the $$ he asks for silver. Same goes for all designer silver jewelry though, not just Yurman.

I always wonder myself.
Back in the late 90's my DH gave me quite a bit of David Yurman. I loved it back then.
Now I just don't really notice people wearing it anymore. I still like the pieces that I have but I NEVER wear them...I honestly don't think that I will ever wear the earrings anymore and at least one pair has diamonds.
I do still find the cable bracelets attractive.
Now I collect VCA.....

Thanks for the responses everyone!! I really appreciate it! I'm still torn on whether I should get one or not just because I don't even wear any of my Tiffany pieces anymore... However, I do like DY pieces. I've gone in and tried several pieces and do love how classic and timeless thy look. I like how it feels more substantial and seems to fit a more "mature" demographic versus my Tiffany pieces. But 500-700$ is definitely something to think about!!

I'm thinking between these two pieces... What do you all think? Should I try and buy from eBay or buy brand new for my first piece?

Attachments

• image-2770656804.jpg
    image-2770656804.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 4,910
  • image-156295409.jpg
    image-156295409.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 4,898