Is "Cold FX" effective?

I'm not sure if Cold FX is big where you live, but it is very popular in Canada due to their brilliant marketing. Many hockey teams, Don Cherry, etc promote this product. I recently read an article in the paper saying that the benefits of Cold FX are really so small that it's basically negligible. However, I personally feel they work and are effective in reducing/preventing colds.

Have you guys tried Cold FX and do you think it works?

Danica said:
I have never heard of it, what is in it?

The bottle says it contains 200 mg of CVT-E002, a "unique extract of oligosaccharides and polysaccharides from Panax quinquefolium (N. American Ginseng)." It's supposed to "target the immune system to activate viral fighting Natural killer cells and macrophages."

Wow, I can't believe how nobody's heard of this (judging from the lack of posts). I guess it's really pushed just around here.

Hmmm I don't see how something that contains just ginseng could work. As I'm sure you know ginseng is used for energy, its a stimulant...so it should give you some energy, but immune boosting..I don't know. For immune you're looking at certain mushrooms, echinacea, antioxidants..
You'd be better off going to a health food store and looking in the immune section I'd bet!

It's really good, but it's also just preventative so you it won't actually cure a cold, rather just chase a cold that's just starting away.

I'm not sure how much I buy it as a product though, I mean, it's just vitamins and ginseng together, I can make that cocktail myself !

I've seen the Don Cherry ads. I haven't tried it yet. It only came out onto the market recently - within the last year, right? I usually use Benylin DM or Dristan if I ever had a cold. Benylin's been pretty reliable for me, so I never thought of experimenting with other cold medicines.