Is coated canvas the wave of the future for Coach signature peices ?

i dunno how "trendy" coated canvas can be if lv has been using it for so long. its extremely durable (way more so than leather or jacquard fabric) and very easy to care for. as for it replacing leather or jacquard, i doubt it, but i personally think its nice to see coach going in new directions with their material selection. thats just my $.02
I agree , it's not for everybody , but I like that Coach is giving us something new and different!;)

I dont like the coated bags. It is one reason I dont buy alot of the Dooney stuff. I hope they dont do this to all the bags. It is the only reason why I probably wont buy anything from the Heritage line.

I could see myself buying one in the future to maybe use for more of a travel/overnight bag, but if they REPLACE the jacquard with coated canvas? Yuck. They can keep a coated canvas "line" but I definitely don't think it should become the norm.

I was talking to my SA on the phone earlier and we were chatting about them, and we agree that the heritage stripe line is great for stuff like...going to the beach, pool, amusement park, camping,or even travel, etc...anything that takes you outdoors and to the elements. So I think that this style will fill a specific niche for most people and be really cute travel/summer bags.

Agreed. I hope they do keep pieces of this in their line but also keep making the leather (:drool:) and jacquard products as well.

I hope they will keep making coated canvas bags for awhile, but still make the usual bags as well. I would love a coated Coach bag, but I would only need one. I have one of the coated dooney bags and a coated Kate Spade Baby Bag and they are both great. Coach should definetly make a diaper bag with this material (not that I would need it, but it would be so perfect for new moms!).

I would love a Coach bag with this material because I wouldn't have to worry about it in the rain. I hope they will make one in a style I can't pass up!

I think it is nice that they have one more material to work with, but I cannot see this replacing anything. There is a place for regular jacquard fabric and the coated canvas. This is a new thing on a line of spring bags, and I think it really works for that. It might even work for some other styles. But with the loyal followers of standard signature pieces, I can't see them abandoning the jacquard fabric.

I think it is nice that they have one more material to work with, but I cannot see this replacing anything. There is a place for regular jacquard fabric and the coated canvas. This is a new thing on a line of spring bags, and I think it really works for that. It might even work for some other styles. But with the loyal followers of standard signature pieces, I can't see them abandoning the jacquard fabric.

Agreed!

Agreed. I hope they do keep pieces of this in their line but also keep making the leather (:drool:) and jacquard products as well.
YUP! ITA. Because while I LOVE my Heritage Tote, I also love the regular Jacquard fabric and leather(though I don't have any leather yet, but would like to) and like the idea of options:yes:

I was questioning myself about this yesterday too. They are using similar materials if not same as LV right. Oh well, I just really hope they dont replace the signature fabric because I like it very much.

I hope they will keep making coated canvas bags for awhile, but still make the usual bags as well. I would love a coated Coach bag, but I would only need one. I have one of the coated dooney bags and a coated Kate Spade Baby Bag and they are both great. Coach should definetly make a diaper bag with this material (not that I would need it, but it would be so perfect for new moms!).

I would love a Coach bag with this material because I wouldn't have to worry about it in the rain. I hope they will make one in a style I can't pass up!
They apparently do make a baby bag! Let me find the link for you....another member posted pics of it. It's really cute! And coated canvas would make a great baby bag! Here's the link....I don't see it on the Coach.com website, but you could probably call and order it.....or in time they probably will end up adding them online or in stores.....
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/what-is-with-the-heritage-colors-238380.html

I like the material....but only for the heritage stripe line. I don't think it would look or feel right on any of the other signature bags. I think they're just branching out and using different fabrics for new lines/bags.....the signature jacquard isn't going anywhere.

I don't think they are introducing this to replace one thing or the other, I think they are just expanding their market. It's a very smart business model, as I think it will draw in more people from Dooney and Bourke as well as even giving LV lovers some options that like the coated canvas but want another look.

I don't think they are introducing this to replace one thing or the other, I think they are just expanding their market. It's a very smart business model, as I think it will draw in more people from Dooney and Bourke as well as even giving LV lovers some options that like the coated canvas but want another look.
That is what the SA told me yesterday, that a lot of people who have been buying the heritage stuff are LV customers