Is Coach Popular in Thailand?

Poppy206

May 2, 2016
I am planning to visit family in Thailand this winter and would love to bring fun gifts for my female cousins and their grown daughters (the poor men will probably just get dried fruit! LOL). Is Coach still popular there? I haven't been back in 14 years. There's a Coach Outlet near my house so I thought it would be fun to get wristlets, coin purses, and wallets for everyone. If it's still popular, can you tell me if the signature Coach logo is preferred or bright leather/prints or neutral colors? Are charms popular? I'm not leaving for another six months, but need to start working on my budget and looking out for specials! Any other tips would be appreciated as well. Thank you!

I am planning to visit family in Thailand this winter and would love to bring fun gifts for my female cousins and their grown daughters (the poor men will probably just get dried fruit! LOL). Is Coach still popular there? I haven't been back in 14 years. There's a Coach Outlet near my house so I thought it would be fun to get wristlets, coin purses, and wallets for everyone. If it's still popular, can you tell me if the signature Coach logo is preferred or bright leather/prints or neutral colors? Are charms popular? I'm not leaving for another six months, but need to start working on my budget and looking out for specials! Any other tips would be appreciated as well. Thank you!
I'm so excited for you. I haven't been home for almost 8 years and thinking to go visit my family next summer. I'm sorry I'm not able to tell you if Coach is popular in Thailand. Was it popular when you moved away? I had never heard of Coach when I lived in my country. Coach has special place in my life, the very first Christmas here in the US, my husband gave me a Coach bag as a Christmas gift since then I'm hocked :smile: Every time when I send a parcel to my mom or she visits the US I make sure to spoil her and always get Coach bags, small leather goods and shoes. She wears them with pride. Good quilaity leather products are always in style and I think it's a timeless gift. I think you should consider their life styles and age. I know it's not relevant to your question but I thought I would share my thoughts. Good like deciding and safe trip.

I'm so excited for you. I haven't been home for almost 8 years and thinking to go visit my family next summer. I'm sorry I'm not able to tell you if Coach is popular in Thailand. Was it popular when you moved away? I had never heard of Coach when I lived in my country. Coach has special place in my life, the very first Christmas here in the US, my husband gave me a Coach bag as a Christmas gift since then I'm hocked :smile: Every time when I send a parcel to my mom or she visits the US I make sure to spoil her and always get Coach bags, small leather goods and shoes. She wears them with pride. Good quilaity leather products are always in style and I think it's a timeless gift. I think you should consider their life styles and age. I know it's not relevant to your question but I thought I would share my thoughts. Good like deciding and safe trip.
Thanks for your response! I've never lived in Thailand but I remember the last time I was there I got lots of compliments on my Coach purse. And I would love to get them something made by an American company.

Reactions: LL777
I followed a few Thai forums and Coach has it up and down there as well. The CC signature bags are not as popular as the simple leather pieces. I would say if you are going to get something from the outlet mall, try to avoid the signature line, and get something either in leather or fun items like the Disney collections.

Reactions: Poppy206
I followed a few Thai forums and Coach has it up and down there as well. The CC signature bags are not as popular as the simple leather pieces. I would say if you are going to get something from the outlet mall, try to avoid the signature line, and get something either in leather or fun items like the Disney collections.
Thank you for the insight! This is very helpful. I think the Disney pieces are fun and agree that they would make a great gift!

Hi! I've stayed there on October last year for almost half a month, and I noticed the leather, logo-free bags are favored compared to the monogram ones. I saw a couple of small items with the CC ones, though.

I think it is popular. A few years ago, I met a couple at the outlet who went to Thailand every few years. They always bought a bunch of Coach bags before they visited so they could sell them to their friends.

Doesn't Coach cost a lot more in Thailand than in the US?

I think it is popular. A few years ago, I met a couple at the outlet who went to Thailand every few years. They always bought a bunch of Coach bags before they visited so they could sell them to their friends.

It does cost more in Thailand and there is no Coach Outlet there as I can remember. I think the Signature line is less popular because there's so many fakes there. Stick with the leather, simple design, or special lines is safer :smile:

Wow, that's great information!

It does cost more in Thailand and there is no Coach Outlet there as I can remember. I think the Signature line is less popular because there's so many fakes there. Stick with the leather, simple design, or special lines is safer :smile:
I love the idea of the Disney line someone suggested earlier, so just helps to support that. thanks!

wristlet.JPG
Here's what I picked up today at the Coach Outlet. They even fit my iPhone 7. I'm so happy that they gave me dustbags and gift boxes, too! I think the packaging really makes a nice presentation and my cousins will be happy with them. Thanks for your help! And p.s., these were only $20 each with a sale that they were having!

View attachment 3739314
Here's what I picked up today at the Coach Outlet. They even fit my iPhone 7. I'm so happy that they gave me dustbags and gift boxes, too! I think the packaging really makes a nice presentation and my cousins will be happy with them. Thanks for your help! And p.s., these were only $20 each with a sale that they were having!

Great choices!! and you got a very good deal too :smile: