Is Cassis exactly the same as Bordeaux? Please confirm...

I really love the Velo style and have been wanting a burgundy-ish color... Can anyone please confirm if Cassis is exactly the Bordeaux? Is this from 2012?

If they are 2 different Designer color names, can someone post a comparison pic please?

Thank you all in advance!!! :smile:

I have owned bordeaux in the past, and I have a cassis now. I don't have a comparison pic, but my Cassis is much more of a berry color than a burgundy. Almost like a deep, dark pink. Bordeaux has more of a darker tone. It's hard to explain but in my opinion, no that are not the same color at all. :smile:

I have owned bordeaux in the past, and I have a cassis now. I don't have a comparison pic, but my Cassis is much more of a berry color than a burgundy. Almost like a deep, dark pink. Bordeaux has more of a darker tone. It's hard to explain but in my opinion, no that are not the same color at all. :smile:
Thank you so much for taking time...
This is the Bordeaux I found. http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/balenciaga-large-tote-item-10327510.aspx

From what year is this Bordeaux Velo?

The color Bordeaux is from 2005 from f/w I believe and cassis is f/w 2012. Bordeaux seems like a true dark wine color to me, I've never seen it IRL. Cassis to me was a muted burgundy, almost a creamy burgundy if that makes sense! If that link you posted is saying that velos color is bal Bordeaux that would be incorrect since velo wasn't produced until 2010 I think.

The color in the farfetch link you posted is cassis. Farfetch has boutiques from all over the world who sell their products, however sometimes the descriptions are lacking. I'm not sure if it's a translation issue or whoever writes the descriptions issue. I bought a givenchy pandora on farfetch, they made a change to the outside pocket that year. It used to be a flap pocket, it was switched to a zipper pocket. The picture showed the zipper pocket(which is what I wanted) but the description said flap pocket. I emailed them inquiring about it because I wanted one with a zipper pocket and didn't want to order it and have to go threw the hassle of returning it if it wasn't what I wanted. They told me it was a zipper pocket and it was a error in the description listing, a few days later the description was corrected. I ordered the bag and it did have the zipper pocket on front. So take their descriptions with a grain of salt, and shoot them a email and ask them if your unsure.

Here's a comparison pic I had in photobucket. As you can see they are different.
Cassis is on top.
006-3.jpg

009.jpg

Thank you everyone for taking time and posting pics... You're all very helpful!!!
Now I am waiting for Farfetch to respond as I asked them specifically if they can contact the boutique to confirm what year/season this Velo bag is from...
I thought if Bordeaux is from 2005 and Cassis is 2012 this could solve it.

I do have the LV Empreinte Speedy in Aurore, will it be so similar if I get a Bordeaux???