Is Cartier cheaper in France?

I got mine in France in 2009 and it actually ended up being more expensive between the exchange rate and the credit card fees (sadly, I didn't own a credit card that did not charge foreign transaction fees at the time). I've found that Cartier customer service is very responsive though, so if the price in France is not listed online, you could always email them to ask and crunch some numbers. Hope that helps!

I got mine in France in 2009 and it actually ended up being more expensive between the exchange rate and the credit card fees (sadly, I didn't own a credit card that did not charge foreign transaction fees at the time). I've found that Cartier customer service is very responsive though, so if the price in France is not listed online, you could always email them to ask and crunch some numbers. Hope that helps!

thank you. Will do. I have two debit cards one charges only 1% transaction fee. :smile:

Is this still the case? On the Cartier site it shows the love bracelet is 6,550 euro (approx $8,000 USD). But in the US it is $6550. Seems like it’s cheaper now to buy it in the US? Or do the VAT savings make up the difference?

On cartier.com/fr, the basic Love Bracelet is €6550 to cartier.sg's S$6050, which rounds up to 4568USD. Definitely way cheaper to get it in Singapore!
The price of the basic thin love is around USD4270 in Hong Kong.
Surprisingly even before, in my experience, it is more expensive in Europe even after considering the VAT refund. It is cheaper in Asia (HK and SG).
You are right! The classic love bracelet is around USD6670 in Hong Kong.

As a British citizen, how do I benefit from these prices in Asia? Is the price including VAT?

Just checked and it seems that the original quote for Singapore was accidentally for the small love bracelet. The original size/regular love is actually more expensive in Singapore than in the US (priced at 9350sgd = US$6,953). In the US it is $6,550. So HK and Singapore are both more expensive or very close to the US.

In any case if you wanted to buy from Hong Kong or another site then you can always try a mail forwarding service. You would have to look into the risk factor and ensure they do signed deliver, track and insure your package etc. Many brands don’t ship to PO Boxes, though, so the forwarding service would need to provide you with a physical HK address, for example.