Is carrying LV an invitation for a frienly conversation?

howardu09

Give & Receive
O.G.
Feb 14, 2008
It seems that most of us here notice others who carry LV and we like to see them out and about. Just wondering have you ever sparked a friendly conversation with someone about LV? If so, were they nice or did they think you were a psycho?

I see people all the time with LV things and I want to compliment/ ask questions and such but get too shy to say anything.

From the discussions we have here, it seems that many of you are friendly. Is it maybe because people who can afford LV and similar luxuries are generally happy and more friendly?

Thanks guys!:smile:

Traci

Crazy for LV
Apr 18, 2006
I usually feel too shy to go up to someone with an LV, but I will always talk to anyone who comes up to me. Sometimes, I will compliment someone on their bag but it never seems to spark a conversation.

I love bags and would love to talk about bags with anyone who appreciates them, but it just doesn't seem to happen that way....

slayer

I want! I want!
O.G.
Jan 15, 2006
If someone is near me in a line and have LV I will usually pay them a compliment like "I like your bag". If they say thank you and turn away then I figure they don't want to talk and leave them alone. Most people enjoy compliments though and we often have a few words about how long they've had it etc.
(I wouldn't follow strangers on the street though to make conservation about LV.)

Lvbabydoll

O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
I usually feel too shy to go up to someone with an LV, but I will always talk to anyone who comes up to me. Sometimes, I will compliment someone on their bag but it never seems to spark a conversation.

I love bags and would love to talk about bags with anyone who appreciates them, but it just doesn't seem to happen that way....

Same here.

JennyErin

O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
I usually find that I converse with strangers carrying LV at the LV counter in my Holt Renfrew, hahaha. Usually because the bag they are carrying is one I am considering getting so I ask them how they like it etc. They have all been friendly with me.

speyta

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
It's funny because I'm usually very shy and reserved, but not when it comes to LV! Unfortunately the city I live in isn't very LV-foward so I rarely get the opportunity to talk to people about it. I think only a couple times I've seen someone with a real LV bag and I complimented 'em about it and struck up a conversation. It's always exciting when that happens :upsidedown:.

sammrox

O.G.
May 11, 2008
I think that the ppl that I see in public are more for the "status symbol" where as some of us have a pure joy out of owning something beautiful and have a real love of these things. True bag enthusias are all here ;)

P-B

Jan 15, 2008
No, I'm such a New Yorker that I can't ever dream about carrying on a conversation with a stranger ... about anything, lol. But, if I'm wearing an Epi and I spot a fellow Epi wearer, I give that knowing glance.