Is canvas not a full leather?

jotang

Jul 16, 2007
recently, somebody (more than 1 person) told me canvas is actually not a full leather product. its a mixture of leather and also other type of material. i was shock when i heard this. They say only epi line is made up of full geniune leather. Then, wat about vernis line?

Jul 3, 2006
Canvas is canvas. It's coated. It's not leather. The trim (handles, etc.) are leather, but nope. It's not a mixture of leather and other material. It's just what it says it is - coated canvas. That said - it's light, durable, and wears wonderfully.

jotang

Jul 16, 2007
opps....all the while i was thinking i am buying a full leather product with tat money....

MsFrida

O.G.
May 13, 2008
Canvas is.. well, canvas?

But no, Epi is not the only leather line, don't forget the following:

Vernis
Suhali
Surya
Nomade
Mahina
Utah (mens)
Chicago Leather (mens)
Taiga (mens)

And some S/S and A/W or limited bags are of leather, suede etc :biggrin:

shells

will work for bags!
O.G.
Nov 20, 2007
nj
while it's not leather, it tends to wear better than leather over time! and dh agrees with u, he thinks my "patio furniture" bags :rolleyes: are quite expensive and now prefers me to buy actual leather bags...

cheeky iz

chic LV
O.G.
Apr 8, 2009
Canvas bags that LV made are special kind of canvas...very durable, long lasting, strong and "expensive" canvas and also has special coat which withstand weather and some scratches too...not like other canvas bags made by some other designers (not to mention name), after few used their canvas seemed to "frill" at the edge of some of their bags.

Yes, you pay for "expensive" special canvas.....

Look at those trunks....long long time ago, how people carried it on board cruise ships, planes etc, been used and abused but they were sooo strong.....!