Is canvas being discontinued??

Hi,

Just confirmed with my friend who works at LV, canvas is being discontinued :sad: I think there will be several pieces here and there but apparently they wont be making anymore neverfull/speedy in canvas. They want to prioritize in their leather/exotics.
Its not shocking at all. They need to make a speedy in Leather version then if thats the case.

This makes zero sense to me. Newly released boulogne bag this month: canvas. Yearly Xmas animation pieces: canvas. I agree the canvas pieces are impossible to find right now so they clearly aren't making canvas a priority to crank out, but I'll bet they'll be easier to get in the fall before the holidays. There always seems to be a shortage of canvas classic pieces after mother's day and of course after new year's. Here's hoping anyway! :rolleyes:

Hi,

Just confirmed with my friend who works at LV, canvas is being discontinued :sad: I think there will be several pieces here and there but apparently they wont be making anymore neverfull/speedy in canvas. They want to prioritize in their leather/exotics.
"discontinued" is a very strong word and in this case simply a falsehood. Unless the friend is called Delphine Arnault, then I'll start to worry.

This makes zero sense to me. Newly released boulogne bag this month: canvas. Yearly Xmas animation pieces: canvas. I agree the canvas pieces are impossible to find right now so they clearly aren't making canvas a priority to crank out, but I'll bet they'll be easier to get in the fall before the holidays. There always seems to be a shortage of canvas classic pieces after mother's day and of course after new year's. Here's hoping anyway! :rolleyes:
I wonder if covid still affecting production workforce?

Reactions: Aliluvlv
I wonder if maybe LV acknowledged the quality issues with current canvas pieces and maybe wants to phase out the current stock while they switch to a different supplier? Just a less doomsday scenario thought :confused1:

I was in San Diego looking for the canvas OTG MM and there was none. I went the next day to Orange County (SCP flagship) and there was none but the Saks at SCP had 1 left. But then I also heard LV in Hawaii has plenty in stock. Not sure what to believe that it’s even limited, maybe just in certain area?

:huh: This rumor.
So LV would also therefore ditch its heritage travel objects too--trunks, boxes, Keepalls, etc.? Really--who believes this?

Last edited:
:huh: This rumor.
So LV would also therefore ditch its heritage travel objects too--trunks, boxes, Keepalls, etc.? Really--who believes this?
The Keepall 45, 50 and 60 was removed from the website a few weeks ago, leaving only Keepall 55. The Keepall Bandouliere in all sizes is still available though

Really?? Woops! I could’ve sworn I had seen them before on the Canadian site but maybe not
They keep things the longest on the International (EU) site, where there are no prices, but they were all missing even from there for quite long. Not available in Mon Monogram (now Heritage) either :sad:
I understand that they were not the best sellers, but these are all legendary items. Not to mention that the original Keepall 90 years ago was not a Bandouliere. I don't see them doing the same with the Speedy, since the classic ones seem to be popular too, but it is sad to see this done by a company who has no real financial reason to do so.