Is canvas being discontinued??

I was in LV a few days ago and I realized this, with the exception of the Nice Nano that the SA was putting on display and I snagged it up quickly. Everything else was leather and patterns.

Reactions: mariliz11
I have been eyeing the speedy bandouliere 30 in monogram for quite a while. A few weeks ago, I called my nearest LV store and the SA there said she couldn't order anymore canvas bags and LV was phasing our canvas bag as well. I was super bummed.

So just now, TODAY, I happen to call LV client service just to inquire about the bag. She said they have a few speedy bandouliere 30 coming in and I can go ahead and order one and have it overnight shipped once it's released! super excited, I did so. Can't wait to receive my new LV bag!!!

I don't think they are phasing it out, but rather making it harder to acquire and kinda forcing buyers to get personalization which is more expensive. Many people who want the classic monogram bags (mini pochette, NF, Speedy, Speedy b, and etc.) end up giving up and going with my heritage.

Also the TP 26 was just discontinued and there is a my world tour version coming out soon! I wouldn't be surprised if in the future that's the only way to get the classic bags (my heritage or my world tour).

If it's true I can only think it would be to protect the brand's luxury status. A bit like how Rolex operate. Having to buy other more expensive models in order to be offered any of their more desirable but not particularly expensive sports steel model like Submariner, Batman, Daytona's. Not entirely a bad thing but it is for those who are wanting the monogram canvas bags. And not really wanting to buy leathers or other items in orders to get up the list to be offered a canvas bag. What I have noticed is the price of preloved mono canvas bags have gone up by loads in the last few months. Now the margin between old and new is only a couple of hundred pounds. And some of the mono bags for sale are quite old. I was shocked to see a preloved toiletry pouch 26 no receipts for £625.

Reactions: Loriad
I think some of the issue would be the fact that inventory is down eveywhere for most everything. The canvas bags are in higher demand for many reasons, durability, price point. The canvas bags are a huge part of the LV brand, I highly doubt that they would want to phase them out.
I agree, can’t imagine LV would phase out canvas.

Also given that more and more luxury brands are recognizing the demand for sustainable leather alternatives; with even traditionally leather focused brands like Hermes introducing vegan leather options shortly.
LV seems way ahead of the curve with their canvas products and customer base.
It would be much easier for them to transition to offering non-leather bag options, should the market move in that direction in the years to come.

Hi,

Just confirmed with my friend who works at LV, canvas is being discontinued :sad: I think there will be several pieces here and there but apparently they wont be making anymore neverfull/speedy in canvas. They want to prioritize in their leather/exotics.

• Haha
Reactions: bigverne28 and BULL