Is Camera Case a timeless model?

WiiFitPlus

Jan 27, 2010
Hi, everyone,

I am new here. After doing a lot of research in this forum, finally I find myself want to have a medium size black camera case with CC logo and SHW as my first chanel bag. But I see most pictures of camera cases are in reissue model. Can anyone tell me is the one I want a timeless model? Can I buy it from any of the chanel shop? I think I will use it everyday, so I prefer it not in lambskin. Is this correct that this model also have calf skin available?

I will go to Paris this July, just can't wait to have my very first chanel bag!

Many thanks!

I don't think it comes in calfskin, only lambskin. It is called the classic camera case I think.
I don't think every chanel store has it... really depends on the store, it's not as common as flaps. HTH!

The camera case does not come in caviar. The classic style (with CC interlocking logo) is available in lambskin. As for the reissue model (with mademoisselle lock) is offered in calfskin. One of the member of TPF owns a camera case in distressed calfskin and it is quite durable. Regarding the availability, there is a discussion on this subject. http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/classic-lambskin-camera-case-561169.html

P.S : I do not think camera case is considered Chanel's classic collection since it has been around for only the last few years...

Last edited:
Wow, djrr and Jing Ling, you guys are really experts. Thank you so much for answering me, though I am a bit disappointed to learn that I may not be able to get what I want.

Hm, I need to think again what should I get for my first chanel bag!

I have a medium size camera bag and it is one of my favourites, very practical and durable. Mine is in black calfskin and it looks vintage. I used it daily for several months and it still looks like new. Even better than my last purchase blue caviar tote already has signs that i used it a couple of times.