Is "Brand Off" a replica or legit?

Turns out that the EMS tracking number can be used on the USPS.com site. So I requested to receive updates on my package since Brandoff doesn't know anything. About an hour after I set up the updates, I got an email saying that the package is "out of customs." Hopefully this means it's on its way. We shall see.

When I have bought from Japan, the package usually clears within a few hours of arriving in customs. Once I have had to pay customs, and that package also cleared within a few hours. My latest purchase was from France and it was held up in customs for 5 days. I just received it today - no customs charges:smile: I don't know why some things take forever, but it doesn't necessarily mean that you will have to pay anything extra.

Turns out that the EMS tracking number can be used on the USPS.com site. So I requested to receive updates on my package since Brandoff doesn't know anything. About an hour after I set up the updates, I got an email saying that the package is "out of customs." Hopefully this means it's on its way. We shall see.

I'm sure it was just sitting in customs.. And because you called it got noticed and now is getting moved along... Im hoping you get it soon..
Please don't be upset with Brandoff. It was the US customs that dropped the ball.

EDIT: As long as the bag is under $2500 you wont be changed any custom charges. ;)

Finally I got another update. Looks like it just got processed through USPS today. I can't believe how long this is taking. I probably won't get it until Monday or Tuesday.

I'm sure it was just sitting in customs.. And because you called it got noticed and now is getting moved along... Im hoping you get it soon..
Please don't be upset with Brandoff. It was the US customs that dropped the ball.

EDIT: As long as the bag is under $2500 you wont be changed any custom charges. ;)

Agree. As long as Brandoff did their part and mail it within the first 24-48hrs it's no longer in their hands. And that's good to know about the $2500 range. :graucho:

Reactions: charlottebag
So I finally got my bag today and I did have to pay $101 in duties for a bag I paid $1009 for. Although Brandoff isn't directly responsible they DID take 4 days after I paid to mail my bag which may not have gotten pegged for duties if they had sent it sooner. Oh well, lesson learned and not sure I'd take the chance in the future. And my bag smells like smoke so now to deal with that.

So I finally got my bag today and I did have to pay $101 in duties for a bag I paid $1009 for. Although Brandoff isn't directly responsible they DID take 4 days after I paid to mail my bag which may not have gotten pegged for duties if they had sent it sooner. Oh well, lesson learned and not sure I'd take the chance in the future. And my bag smells like smoke so now to deal with that.

Wow! You had bad luck all the way around. Sorry your experience was crappy! Guess its hit and miss on customs now.
2 years ago when I started buying from Japan I did a search on custom fees and I swear it said under $2500 there were none. Wonder if it's changed or I just had bad info.
But like I said before I have bought before and have not had to paid fees.
All though it's sounds like you wont be buying a broad again here's a link in case anyone else's wants to figure out the fees.
http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

Wow! You had bad luck all the way around. Sorry your experience was crappy! Guess its hit and miss on customs now.
2 years ago when I started buying from Japan I did a search on custom fees and I swear it said under $2500 there were none. Wonder if it's changed or I just had bad info.
But like I said before I have bought before and have not had to paid fees.
All though it's sounds like you wont be buying a broad again here's a link in case anyone else's wants to figure out the fees.
http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/
Yeah, sucks right? But I DO love the bag. I've wanted it for many years and there's no damage or chipped paint and the patina is really pretty and the handles are clean. So, I'm trying to focus on the positive. :smile:

I made my first purchase from Japan on a bag I had vetted here and only payed 138.00 for, with free shipping. I am hopeful that I won't have to pay customs. I did make sure it was claimed not to have a smell to it, so I am hopeful on that regard too.

Something I have noticed was that with a lot of the sellers I will not buy from because of massive quantity of bad feedback, was a lot of people complaining about heavy mildew smells over the usual complaint of a shoe polish smell often associated with the alleged 'super fakes'..

Something I wondered about these with the mildew smell, it seems to be tied in with bags that are pretty much one step away from the canvas going and I think those might be refugee bags from the flooding and whatever trash was scooped up and picked through.

Do you all feel their prices are good? There's an item thats used, but priced at current retail, I made a very fair offer on it (actually more than fair) and they came back only $100 under retail...

Now I regret not giving them a chance! I ordered from Portero instead and now I'm learning ebay =/= fake and fahncy luxury website =/= real. Next time I'll do all my research here with you fine folks! I wish I had found this forum sooner. Now I'm planning what to buy with my refund if my bag turns out fake. They have a PRISTINE Ellipse MM and that's my biggest bag crush besides the Alma.

Yes, they are legit. Also, they have the most reasonable prices for Hermès bags, IMO.

The main thing I would watch out for is that the true color of the bags might be different than the pictures. Sometimes the lighting is weird when they take the photos.

Reactions: charlottebag