Is Botkier over?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I noticed the botkier "chatter" has gone down significantly over the past few months on tpf. I have a Botkier clyde which I still love to death, but is the brand "over"?

2. I don't think so. I still think they are hot. If you really love a bag, it doesn't matter. It is still a great looking handbag so continue wearing your Clyde bag with pride!

3. I wear my Clyde bag with pride too! It doesn't really matter if it's still hot or what not! :yes: In fact, I like it esp. when I don't see every other girl on the street carrying it!

4. I totally agree. If you love it, don't care if others love it or not.

5. Hehehe I totally agree! And NOTHING can beat Botkier's yummy leather smell!! :upsidedown:

6. It's only over to the eye of the beholder :biggrin: I sold my medium Luxe Trigger months ago.

7. I have a problem though... I want to get a hold of a Trigger, preferably in hazelnut, but the stores here in Sweden don't carry that colour. And if I buy it from botkier.com the shipping cost will be $127! Does anyone have a suggestion to what I should do?

8. I much prefer not seeing everyone and their grandma carry a bag I have. Exclusitivity is a great thing IMO. :yes:

I can't wait till Botkier has their sale again. I'll probaby pick something up from the website.

9. I think they are wonderful bags. I had a Clyde and sold it, the size was not what I need. When there is another sale on the website, I will be looking at a Trigger.

The board runs in cycles, too. About a month ago, every other post was about the Darel bags, and now that has died down. Chloe and Balenciaga seem to be white hot now. I say wear your Botkier with pride!

10. sold to me! :biggrin: i love it... :heart:

11. In that case I'd say eBay is probably your best bet. I know, I know, we all hate having to dig through endless pages of fake bags before finding a few authentic ones.....but (from my experience) most of the Botkier bags on eBay so far are authentic -- of course not all....you do have to do a bit of research, but the fake Botkiers (so far) are generally pretty easy to spot....so ask for lots of photos, double-check the seller's feedback, and you can get a good deal on authentic Botkiers on eBay.

12. okey... I guess I'll just dedicate the next week to eBay then.. Thanks for your input.

13. Had you posted this a few days ago, I would have been able to offer you the Cognac Luxe Trigger I had on eBay! I just sold it, and mailed it today.

I definitely don't think that Botkier is over. We do go in cycles here, in terms of what people lust after. It's a great bag in general - very functional. And, the new Turbo Triggers are super soft! Good luck!

14. I have a botkier holster bag and I really like it! It is so functional and holds a TON! I will definitely continue to carry it, although I have it in metallic twilight which seems more like a fall color, so I may not use it as much this summer.

15. i think it's not over yet.. just less ppl who adore it.... maybe not getting enough media mileage right now compared to the other bags...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice