Is Black Cherry a red or a brown? What do you think?

elainie13

O.G.
Dec 22, 2007
So I've searched around the threads and have seen people's opinions about the black cherry, mainly that its a red with chocolate or plum undertones. But sometimes when I look at this new city that I got I see brown and I'm not sure if I like it. I was just wondering what other people thought of the color. Definite red or brown? Or what would you call it? Thanks for any input!

the new black cherry and with my old sapphire:

3294501348_0119217991.jpg

3293677103_bf379c3b54.jpg

3293677161_a549a2ee28.jpg

3293677197_5b21ea211a.jpg

ooh okay, thanks beauxgoris and HandbagAngel, I think I might wait for a bordeaux then. Especially since I'm not 100% I like this color :sad: which is too bad since I like the leather and it was a good price. Oh well :shrugs:

Oh and fuchsiafirefly, your black cherry is gorgeous, I think the GGH just goes so perfectly with the bag!

i would say it's more red, but a lot of them, like others have stated, are this rather blech brown color.

your's however is a gorgeous black cherry, i love it when it's almost purple-y.

I think it´s such a chamaleonic color, brown with redish undertones. I don´t like reds but this is the perfect color for me, just red undertones... here´s mine, love it:heart:

_MG_3560.jpg

Last edited:
I would say it's a dark red with brown undertones. But when looking at all the different pictures, it's more like a chameleon and changes in different lights! It's gorgeous!