IS Birkin more easy to get in 2009

the will shift production accordingly in the future again. what can be experienced now is a lot of POßs and SO´s beeing declined H was not prepared for the crisis (as really not a lot companys where) so a momentarily surplus this will change i am sure
I was thinking the same thing...lots of ordered bags (bicolored bags, chevre, exotics) from a few years ago arriving now and being declined due to the economy.

As a test, if you call any of the 4 H stores in the UK and ask for a birkin, if the SA in any london store does not know you the conversation will go like this.

UK
Customer = " Hi, I like Hermes and wanted to know if I can purchase a birkin please?":flowers:
Hermes SA = " I like Hermes too, but sorry no birkins are available, the waitlist opens sometime in Sept, do call us then":rolleyes::nogood:
Customer = "Ok, thanks for your time, just a quick question "is there any in the back for me to purchase?":thinking:
Hermes SA = " We have no "back area" good bye":nono:

Of course in other countries the conversations will no doubt be different

I agree that the volume of SOs and POs may have declined during the recession. Also, just as a side note, I don't mean this as an attack, but it is in the best interest of resellers to maintain that there will be no surplus. The resell market is supported by the limited supply and difficulty of getting a bag.

I was thinking the same thing...lots of ordered bags (bicolored bags, chevre, exotics) from a few years ago arriving now and being declined due to the economy.

Ordered bags do not take a few years and the majority of people who can afford a H bag are not affected by this current economic situation. Those that are, well so be it, there are lots of other people who are happy to buy those bags. H wouldnt be increasing their workforce if they were sitting on lots of bags.

Ordered bags do not take a few years and the majority of people who can afford a H bag are not affected by this current economic situation. Those that are, well so be it, there are lots of other people who are happy to buy those bags. H wouldnt be increasing their workforce if they were sitting on lots of bags.

they have increased the workforce true BUt at the same time they also opened a few new stores and for that they really need more merchandise to spread this around.if they would have increased the workes and mantained the same number of boutiques one could assume there will be more merchandise but with the situation beeing like it is no

and alos what you said about customers etc. nearly ALL luxury houses have problems to a certain extent (h less then others) and believe me it most often is not an issue about money but more about if to spend it on an luxury item and to what extent !
i am quite sure the times when you can walz into a boutique and say " i want a rg 35 b " and the answer will be "sure madame it will be here in two weeks or if you want take a look at the 10 bags we have in stock" will nto come.
it is a business principle of h to keep ceratin items "limited" and they would be stupid to kill that selling system ! after all they are not a birkin factory and i doubt they ever will become one if they can help it ! they worked too hard on the mystique to destroy it themselfes

edited to say. some ordered bags can most definately take some ( 1 or 2 in some rare cases even 3 years) to arrive in store. it is not the norm but to say it does not happen is something one can not generalise

Last edited:

Not true. Some special orders that want limited skin or colour or both DO.

they have increased the workforce true BUt at the same time they also opened a few new stores and for that they really need more merchandise to spread this around.if they would have increased the workes and mantained the same number of boutiques one could assume there will be more merchandise but with the situation beeing like it is no

and alos what you said about customers etc. nearly ALL luxury houses have problems to a certain extent (h less then others) and believe me it most often is not an issue about money but more about if to spend it on an luxury item and to what extent !
i am quite sure the times when you can walz into a boutique and say " i want a rg 35 b " and the answer will be "sure madame it will be here in two weeks or if you want take a look at the 10 bags we have in stock" will nto come.
it is a business principle of h to keep ceratin items "limited" and they would be stupid to kill that selling system ! after all they are not a birkin factory and i doubt they ever will become one if they can help it ! they worked too hard on the mystique to destroy it themselfes

edited to say. some ordered bags can most definately take some ( 1 or 2 in some rare cases even 3 years) to arrive in store. it is not the norm but to say it does not happen is something one can not generalise

Exactly!

i wouldn't say regular birkins are easier or more difficult to get "these days" but recently it seems there are a few more exotic-non-diamond bags available in the backs of my various favorite stores, whether this is because of some customers not collecting their podium allocations and special orders or because this is the time when many stores have simply received bags i don't know, but there is also no shortage of replacement buyers so when you get the call that something unexpected is available one still has to decide very quickly or it's gone!

Jeez ... all this talk about getting Birkins .... makes me terribly impatient all of a sudden. I am still waiting for the bag from 2006! (It was confirmed by Paris, as evidenced by a Parisian email communication):tumbleweed: