Is Birkin 35 black Togo PHW a good buy?

If you had asked me that one year ago I would have said yes without any hesitation. But now, after looking at all the beautiful colors H has, I would say perhaps you should consider a color instead. There are many lovely black bags by other fashion houses, but no one does color quite like H! Something that would be timeless yet still matches with all your stuff, maybe a gold, or etoupe or gris T? Something different yet a safe neutral that you can get lots of wear out of!

It really depends on your personal preference, if you wear a lot of silver/platinum/white gold jewelry and you like black bags get it.
If you tend to wear gold jewelry, get it with gh.
Some people mix jewelry and hardware.

I have both black with gh and with ph.

Black with gh feels classy and glamorous- I prefer this.
Black with ph is more edgy and modern- my DH prefers this on me.

I think it's a personal preference. If you like black with PHW, then it should be a good & safe buy for you.

Black is a basic color. So, one can never go wrong with black.

It is a safe move yet I have to say if I were to buy only one I would go for an Hermes staple color black is wonderful and useful easy and never gets dirty but .......... It's black I think that perhaps blue Jean or an hermes mystery color as I call them may be better like say raisin it's dark when you need dark it's light and colorful when you need alighted bag just something to think about darling but maybe do a little research on the reference section and you may find a bag that is much more hermes and the genius of doing color hope it helps .birkel.

Hmmmm....well, you can't get any safer than with black! But is black you favorite Hermes color? Because I always find the most favorite bag a person owns is the one in which the color/leather/style combination fills them with joy every time they use it.

Black is a very safe color...when I was going for my first birkin, I thought black would be the safest choice. But after seeing all the other neutral colors out there I decided that black was a bit too safe for me and too dull? I went for gold..it is such a basic neutral..matches my wardrobe better than a black..so am glad I didn't go for black. But ultimately you yourself must love the black.
Hope that helps.

You should go for the bag you have no doubts about--if I saw my dream bag, I wouldn't need to ask whether it's a safe or good buy. The best, and safest buy is the one that you truly love.

I say go for it!!!! Even after collecting a decent rainbow of H bags, I realise that I use my black B a lot. I find that a black B is not only great for work but also very chic with jeans on weekends. It's a fail-safe colour and a true workhorse. Of course, you must also get a black B because you love the bag and go "WOW" when you see it. =) A black B looks great with both PHW or GHW. It's a matter of personal choice. Good luck with your decision!

If you had asked me that one year ago I would have said yes without any hesitation. But now, after looking at all the beautiful colors H has, I would say perhaps you should consider a color instead. There are many lovely black bags by other fashion houses, but no one does color quite like H! Something that would be timeless yet still matches with all your stuff, maybe a gold, or etoupe or gris T? Something different yet a safe neutral that you can get lots of wear out of!

I couldn't have put it better myself! Totally agree!!