Is Balenciaga a good bag to match corporate wear?

Deeda, did you replace the tassels with anything or are you pulling the zip by the ring? (I find this a little fiddly but also like the look without tassels occasionally.)

I don't worry about anything to close the bag, mostly I just carry them open. On the front pocket I often put something to help me open it. On my Pourpre PT I have a small Eiffel Tower keyring as I bought the bag in Paris. On my Anthra RH City I use a vintage style pocket watch. Often though I just use the little ring, a bit fiddly but managable.

I'm an executive (the only female) in a global financial services company. I used to travel quite extensively back and forth from the US to Europe ... and what did I use? ... my Weekender for travel and then the City for everyday (this was before the Part-Time which has pretty much replaced my Cities - except for oldies which I can't part with)

Bottom line ... working with all men; seriously ... do you honestly think they even know the difference between a Balenciaga handbag versus Chanel? ... highly doubtful. So, I wear what I want ... and that includes GGH and bright colors, etc. Mind you, when "climbing" the corporate ladder, you might want to be a little more subdued (e.g., darker and/or more 'conservative' colors), but other than that ... pah ... wear what you want! Life is short; I think it's more important to look at the total package (e.g., do you look presentable, intelligent, appropriately dressed - in other words - NO FLIP FLOPS?!?) ... that's what most conservative offices look for. With the exception of coming in in the morning and leaving at night, my handbag is usually in my desk ... so who 'really' sees it other than myself and a few colleagues?

I too work in the financial field. I going through the thread with this exact thought that CeeJay stated perfectly. Normally, the only comments I get are from the other 2 females in the office that state they "don't take the time to change bags everyday" OK, the only thing I can't get by is I have to wear closed toe shoes(that is just me) maybe a peeptoe to be daring....but that is my oddity.

I have a number of GH bags that are in the mix, if in question I would grab one of them. I also have a Mulberry Bayswater the I use if I have no idea who the client is and want to go to the most conservative side of my collection.

Honestly, I get the most compliments on the colored bags, pink, violet,etc....

Best Regards,