Is anyone spraying Apple Guard on their Baby Sage?

teerash

O.G.
May 8, 2011
I just got the fawn color yesterday and I am debating if Apple Guard is a good idea? The garcia leather is soooo yummy and I don't want to mess that up. Also the lizard embossed details are obviously very delicate. I don't want to mess anything up, but I want this bag to last a long time without showing wear. Has anyone sprayed theirs already with good results?

Not spraying mine. I have 2 kristin satchels one pink and one bay mist (garcia leather) that I carried all last summer and they still look like new. I have the black woven baby sage I used for almost 3 months every day and she shows no wear and tear. I hate using the spray because it takes away the yummy leather smell and sometimes darkens the color.

I sprayed mine. I have the baby sage in black and the Kristin hobo in mushroom woven. I also sprayed my Julia slim wallet which is a fawn with the same detailing in the middle. I bought all of them at the outlet and saw too many of them with scuffs and marks and I don't want mine to look like that. So far so good, and I sprayed them 2 weeks ago...

I spray my lighter-colored bags. In my experience the leather smell returns after a few days at most :smile:. Not sure yet if I'm going to spray or condition Fawn. It's not the lightest color so I'm not worried about color transfer . I usually apply a light layer of the conditioner before the spray to reduce the spray's drying effect. I would be concerned about dulling the Garcia leather's shine, though.

I don't spray any of my bags. I own a fawn baby sage and have been using her extensively for the past 3 months and I haven't had any problems with color transfer or anything. Occasionally I will take all my stuff out, and turn by bag upside down to empty any dust or crumbs (my kids snacks get lost in my bag at times. Lol). When I see anything, baby wipes get them all out.

I have not sprayed any of my 20+ bags. I don't plan on it as I would be so mad at myself if something goes wrong. Knowing my luck, something would go wrong. Nothing wrong with protecting your goods but I'm chicken of sprays and treatments. Lol.

ladybug10 said:
I don't spray any of my bags. I own a fawn baby sage and have been using her extensively for the past 3 months and I haven't had any problems with color transfer or anything. Occasionally I will take all my stuff out, and turn by bag upside down to empty any dust or crumbs (my kids snacks get lost in my bag at times. Lol). When I see anything, baby wipes get them all out.

I've also had very good luck with using baby wipes on my bags. I always double check they are alcohol-free.

I sprayed mine. I have the baby sage in black and the Kristin hobo in mushroom woven. I also sprayed my Julia slim wallet which is a fawn with the same detailing in the middle. I bought all of them at the outlet and saw too many of them with scuffs and marks and I don't want mine to look like that. So far so good, and I sprayed them 2 weeks ago...

Hi did you spray the one in your avatar? Is that the embossed python Kristin? I have the same one & want to protect her. I bought apple conditioner & apple guarde rain & stain repellant but haven't used either yet. TIA