Is anyone joining GucciClub?

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
What do y’all think? I’m not sure I see the appeal of spending $500 a year for access to purchase three styles a season early...

I feel like it’s going to be resellers who invest in this?

9CAB8F71-F8D2-4687-A68C-51A00614849E.png

003D4E9E-9FCC-48A7-AD07-1690D6E6FC40.png

Reactions: papertiger
imo they should offer more for 2k a year. maybe a runway show or something.

kind of feel like this is aimed at people who are not complete vips, but still very loyal to the brand?

Feels like they might start doing like Burberry and having exclusive drops every so often except they will be unavailable to those without the membership. Reminds me of Vertu and their VIP concierge service back in the day. :wtf:

Takes me forever to make-up my mind on things (since I have so much) so it won't actually work for my purchasing style, plus I already have DIY/Bespoke which I very much enjoy but I decide when and what.

I'm afraid this idea is a non-starter but I am keen to find out more.

Reactions: doni
I just don’t see the point to exclusive drops. I never see anyone with the same handbag as me, and I live in downtown Chicago.

I would pay a membership fee if it was an actual members club or lounge. But exclusive online content doesn’t sound that enticing to me.

I already belong to a member's club. A real one, it costs half and the benefits are 10 x more.

Makes me think this is a half-baked idea. Test the water for up-takers, then think about what they can offer.

Quite frankly, makes me think Gucci is in trouble.

Reactions: Gimmethebag
I almost feel it is commentary, like with their “fake” bags. As if to say, we know and you know a big portion of the money you pay for our wares is to buy a sense of exclusivity. So why don‘t you give us $ 2000 and you don‘t even have to get a bag; you just get pure exclusivity uncontaminated by anything actually real or material...

I’m a Soho House member and would see joining another club if it offered a private bar or private relaxation lounge in their boutiques or something tangible. Hell, even a Gucci airport lounge.

I’m not going to pay a membership fee to shop early and go to exclusive shopping events in a retail store.

When I told my husband about GucciClub, his first assumption was that it would be like Rent The Runway. Which honestly, would not be a bad idea for things that aren’t best sellers on their own like fashion jewelry.

Reactions: papertiger