IS anyone here an incurable worrier............

That is funny, I freak about everything, but i can watch a good surgery....lol Don't know why, it just doesn't bug me...Greys Anatomy...Discovery chanel with any surgeries....

I work in HR and have been trying to break into a specific area for about 2 years now. I have a master's degree in that area and nothing has panned out so far- I've been working in a related field, though. Anyway, I've been hoping against hope for a break and now it came in the form of a job fair specifically for that area that I want to transition into. The fair is tomorrow afternoon.

Am I happy? Yes, extremely, but I'm constantly worrying!! What if it's like all the other fairs, what if no one takes my education or experience seriously, what if I get caught faking sick to attend the fair (the only way I could get time off at such short notice and still attend), and on and on. How do I stop?? I'm so annoyed at all the worrying.

Thanks Megs, my mum is a huge worrier also so I couldn't have missed. There is a saying here "You didn't take it off a whin bush" :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Kids are not too bad but I think it's probably too late for them not to have inherited some of it but I try to appear positive around them.

Working on it but still have a long way to go to let it all fall into place as it will anyway!

& you know what??????................. a big heart is a fabulous person but it is such an impediment, to feel is to hurt!!!!

Today for the first time ever i killed something on the road - a rat ran out in front of me I couldn't have avoided it, I went back to make sure it was dead & not suffering! I have worried all night in case it had young to feed!!!! My friend said "Ah it was vermin" To me it had a right to life!!!

I am sorry you hit an animal...that must be an awful experience!!How sweet and caring of you, though, to go back and make sure it was OK. That warms my heart :smile:One time, I was driving and saw a poor dog in the road that had been hit but not killed...the jerk who hit him just left him there to die...I stopped and with the help of another driver and a police officer, got him medical attention :smile:

I am sorry you hit an animal...that must be an awful experience!!How sweet and caring of you, though, to go back and make sure it was OK. That warms my heart :smile:One time, I was driving and saw a poor dog in the road that had been hit but not killed...the jerk who hit him just left him there to die...I stopped and with the help of another driver and a police officer, got him medical attention :smile:
Oh That was so good of you. It is unthinkable what people do, to leave a poor animal suffering on the road. Someone did that to a dog of mine, I could cheerfully kill whoever it was, lucky it was close to home & someone came to get me.
I would always stop to try to help.
OH I cannot bear to think of the suffering that poor dumb animals have to endure in this world.

That is funny, I freak about everything, but i can watch a good surgery....lol Don't know why, it just doesn't bug me...Greys Anatomy...Discovery chanel with any surgeries....
I have actually watched operations & it hasn't bothered me as long as it is something I cannot get :smile: like a C section been there done that :smile:

Yep, I worry all the time. I obsess, ruminate and worry. DH does not worry about a thing, because he knows I am worrying and will take care of everything. It sucks!!

I can be a worrywart too especially about what the future might entail or if I'll get things I have to do in time. Writing to do lists helps decrease the worry, although, having multiple to do lists can be cumbersome!
Yes the meticulous writing of lists can be a worry in itself

I work in HR and have been trying to break into a specific area for about 2 years now. I have a master's degree in that area and nothing has panned out so far- I've been working in a related field, though. Anyway, I've been hoping against hope for a break and now it came in the form of a job fair specifically for that area that I want to transition into. The fair is tomorrow afternoon.

Am I happy? Yes, extremely, but I'm constantly worrying!! What if it's like all the other fairs, what if no one takes my education or experience seriously, what if I get caught faking sick to attend the fair (the only way I could get time off at such short notice and still attend), and on and on. How do I stop?? I'm so annoyed at all the worrying.
Try not to worry so much, you say you are happy, that is great but worrying becomes a habit & soons takes the joy out of life.
Sorry I don't have the answer as to how you can stop if I did I would not be as I am but perhaps someone here will come up with some good hints

Try not to worry so much, you say you are happy, that is great but worrying becomes a habit & soons takes the joy out of life.
Sorry I don't have the answer as to how you can stop if I did I would not be as I am but perhaps someone here will come up with some good hints

Thanks for the help- it's just the pressure I place on myself to get out of my dead end job, really. I know timing has a lot to do with it, so I'm finally coming around to see that it takes time and persistence to find a new job!

Yep, I worry all the time. I obsess, ruminate and worry. DH does not worry about a thing, because he knows I am worrying and will take care of everything. It sucks!!
Yip the worriers are the dependable people thay will always see that things are things done & therefore are left with the responsibility of doing!

Thanks for the help- it's just the pressure I place on myself to get out of my dead end job, really. I know timing has a lot to do with it, so I'm finally coming around to see that it takes time and persistence to find a new job!
'haven't been much help but hang in there! All worriers are perfectionists I think & therefore put undue pressure on themselves