Is anyone here a personal shopper/image consultant?

GirlieShoppe

HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
If I remember correctly, someone in this subforum is one but I can't remember who is it. I'm thinking about getting into this field and would love to find out more information.

A few questions I have are:

1. Is it difficult to start your own business?

2. How do you find clients?

3. Is it possible to make a decent living in this field?

Thanks!

Mar 8, 2006
Desperately Seeking Deals
I am a personal shopper..part-time. It has not been full-time work for me, only because I don't have the time to devote to it!

I got started when an acquaintace heard that I was a great shopper, and also was good at buying for other people...and asked if I would work with her wardrobe. From there...I was recommended to more of her friends. I also dress pretty cute most of the time(it can be exhausting!!), so if anyone asks compliments me, I hand them a card!!

To start the business...I drove to Kinko's and had some cards made up...and walaa..I am a personal shopper!!!

I would definitely think of doing it in your free time, and building it up. The $$$ is good....but not steady. I offer a bit of a different service, because everything I buy is designer but discounted (second-hand, TJMaxx, etc...)...so I basically give my clients the thrill of the hunt...without the hunt!!

Good Luck!!!! It is super fun when I am working in someone's closet!!!

GirlieShoppe

HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
I am a personal shopper..part-time. It has not been full-time work for me, only because I don't have the time to devote to it!

I got started when an acquaintace heard that I was a great shopper, and also was good at buying for other people...and asked if I would work with her wardrobe. From there...I was recommended to more of her friends. I also dress pretty cute most of the time(it can be exhausting!!), so if anyone asks compliments me, I hand them a card!!

To start the business...I drove to Kinko's and had some cards made up...and walaa..I am a personal shopper!!!

I would definitely think of doing it in your free time, and building it up. The $$$ is good....but not steady. I offer a bit of a different service, because everything I buy is designer but discounted (second-hand, TJMaxx, etc...)...so I basically give my clients the thrill of the hunt...without the hunt!!

Good Luck!!!! It is super fun when I am working in someone's closet!!!
Thank you so much for the information -- I appreciate it!