Is anyone else noticing how easily their navy lux leather bags scratch?

shopinator

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
I am not really "hard" on my bags, although I don't exactly baby them either. And my nl mini nikki already has some scratches and some mysterious small splotches on it and I've only worn it for about a week. I'm afraid this bag is not going to hold up well--is anyone else experiencing this with their navy lux bags? BTW, I did pre-treat my bag with leather protectant.

Tracy

shallowly obsessing
O.G.
Sep 30, 2007
are your splotches a lighter blue? i found some on mine.

and i have what appears to be a rub mark, like the outer layer is rubbing off---like a corner would wear after lots of use kwim? it's where there is something in the bag, sort of bulging and is rubbing on my side, i guess. if that makes any sense!?

it's not very noticeable, but i'm watching it.

this1chick

Gary Payton=my hero
Jul 28, 2008
i have an Iris / PL MAM and i'm noticing that the Iris seems to be scratching pretty easily as well. i'm hoping it won't get really bad, but if it does, hopefully it can be buffed out? not sure.

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
I noticed that the NL scratches easily but I also noticed that the scratches buff out easily with conditioner, at least mine did. Because of this I have been very careful with my NL nikki so it doesn't get beat up too quickly. I'm always very careful with my bags though and rotate them so often that I rarely ever wear a bag two days in a row so mine still looks new. I would imagine that if I had worn my NL nikki a lot it would look more worn in.
This leather reminds me of some Kooba leathers that scratch very easily..

tanmon

May 8, 2008
I noticed that the NL scratches easily but I also noticed that the scratches buff out easily with conditioner, at least mine did. Because of this I have been very careful with my NL nikki so it doesn't get beat up too quickly. I'm always very careful with my bags though and rotate them so often that I rarely ever wear a bag two days in a row so mine still looks new. I would imagine that if I had worn my NL nikki a lot it would look more worn in.
This leather reminds me of some Kooba leathers that scratch very easily..

that's smart. i suspect dabbing any scuffs or scratches with conditioner will quickly remove them.