Is anyone else not-so-crazy about the Speedy?/Strap drop issues

i went from shoulder bags to my new speedy 30 de and i love it. The handles are perfect imo, and like many have said, the speedy is iconic and it was meant to have handles.

It is a satchel/handheld bag!

Mine was a gift, and it is the only lv bag i have and need right now. So i didn't "try" it before buying it, but those who can, should so they know in advance if the style works instead of judging a bag that many do love.

If some have tried the speedy and don't care for it, thats fine, just don't "bag bash"..i don't care for certain styles or brands, but i keep it to myself and don't buy those bags. :d

+1

I always wanted the Speedy 30. Since 1987. There was always something so prevent me from buying one( like eating and living indoors).
Recently I started selling bags from my collection. When I hit the magic # off to LV I went.
I exchange 2 because of quality issues. Then I found a " perfect " speedy b. most gorgeous bag I ever saw. Got it home and discovered that the long strap was too long unless you wear it cross body,and the handles "pinch" the crook of my arm. My skin isn't as firm as it used to be. Felt like crying.
However, the beauty of LV is such that they make lots of classic styles in many different fabrics so I had lots of choice.
I settled in the Delightful MM and have been very happy. While it still isn't my "dream " bag, it works for me and my life.

I always wanted the Speedy 30. Since 1987. There was always something so prevent me from buying one( like eating and living indoors).
Recently I started selling bags from my collection. When I hit the magic # off to LV I went.
I exchange 2 because of quality issues. Then I found a " perfect " speedy b. most gorgeous bag I ever saw. Got it home and discovered that the long strap was too long unless you wear it cross body,and the handles "pinch" the crook of my arm. My skin isn't as firm as it used to be. Felt like crying.
However, the beauty of LV is such that they make lots of classic styles in many different fabrics so I had lots of choice.
I settled in the Delightful MM and have been very happy. While it still isn't my "dream " bag, it works for me and my life.

I have the Speedy DE 35 and like it but I prefer to use my new Delightful M, especially if I carry a lot. It is the most comfy LV bag that I own.

I'm having a terrible time figuring out if I should get the speedy for just that reason. I have the Tivoli PM and I hate it soooo.... I guess I answered my own question

I'm having a terrible time figuring out if I should get the speedy for just that reason. I have the Tivoli PM and I hate it soooo.... I guess I answered my own question

I had the Tivoli PM and hated it! I carried it twice and sold it. The Speedy is much better- I think the drop length of the handles may be the same but the Speedy is way more comfy to carry. It's lighter and less structured so the handles don't dig in as much.

Speedy B is currently on my wishlist. I'm not a fan of carrying bags in the crook of my arm, it makes me feel silly. Like what I am supposed to do with that hand! :biggrin:

I have Neverfull MM and I like to carry it on my hand, especially when it's fuller. I feel that I would probably enjoy carrying Speedy like that too. Plus Speedy B gives the option of carrying it on the shoulder and cross-body too. Win-win!

Long story short... The strap drop does not bother me because to me Speedy is a hand-held bag and anything longer would be just silly :P