Is anyone else like this?

1. What are your purse-cravings like?

I'm starting to see that mine are short, but intense. For about a week or two, I am in LOVE with a certain bag, and then it just sort of fades. For example, I really wanted a Gerard Darel a little while ago, and now I'm not as interested. Same with the Balenciaga Twiggy and the Chloe Edith and the Marc Jacobs Venetia. I still love these bags, but I can sense that they're waning.

Anyone else like this?

2. Yes yes! Mine last between 1 night to 2 months.

3. Yeah, I'm like that too. I used to be really bad at impulse shopping for clothing and stuff so now tend to do a lot of thinking before I put down the credit card. So that means that I end up doing loads of 'research' aka obsessing before I actually buy anything.

Like you, I was also very into Gerard Darel. I bookmarked certain threads and stared endlessly at pics others had posted. And after careful consideration and upon seeing it in person, I finally bought it in the blue/periwinkle color -love!

4. *sigh of relief* :P

I'm glad to know I'm not alone!

So, are there any purses that you have loved, long-term?

5. Yes, that's me too. I have learned to *try* to wait a while, at least a week, and if I am still obsessed I might buy. I even have dreams about bags I want. Once the obsession hits, it is hard to let go.

6. My LV monogram speedy 25 is a bag that I know I will have the rest of my life. It is timeless and perfect. I will use it until it falls apart then buy a new one. Forever and ever.

I can also see myself keeping my balenciaga caramel box forever. It feels soooo right. Perfect neutral color, size, feels wonderful. I don't care if balenciagas completely go out of style, I'll still love mine.

7. I hope the same will happen to me before I spend the money on a Spy haha! But with me it always changes. Since I have about 60-70 bags, I always consider selling some, but then I can't when I see them again and fall in love with them again!

8. oh well and I also dream about the bags I want *sigh*

9. I hear ya on the dreaming part!

Ooh, you should totally enjoy your Balenciaga box- it's so pretty! What an incredible bag!

10. YES! I'm the same way! I'm a big obsessor, myself (and I prefer to call it "research" too)!

I would love to see pictures of your Gerard Darel. The color sounds incredible! Who knows, you might re-awaken my GD craving! ;)

11. Yep. Glad to know I'm not the only one that like this. :P I was like that with the Paddington for a few weeks then all interest faded.

12. I'm totally like this. If I can keep myself from buying the purse and wait a few months (2-3), if I still want it, then it's something that I'll probably want for life. :love:

(The problem is sometimes the styles I want get discontinued or sold out! :sad2:smile:

13. My Balenciaga pewter city.

Actually I do have a list of bags that I would like to have, but the urge to possess them immediately subsides usually within a week once I "come to my senses". I think it's impt to keep oneself in control, so no matter how obsessed I feel any point in time, I just tell myself to wait and see. I can actually spend hours pondering over what I want.... *sweatdrop*

14. Same! I was lusting after the paddington for 2 months (my longest) But after hanging around this forum, I decide that I do not want this bag because of the weight.

15. I think your feelings are very common. I usually lust after a bag, research it, try it on (by this time I know if I really want it) and then finally buy it. But the real test is the two to three weeks I keep the bag, during that time I may find that the bag is not practical enough or I'm not 100% in love with it anymore so, I return it!...but that rarely happens. So, all the bags that I own I truly am in love with...that's the reason why I can't get myself to sell any!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice