Is anyone else having terrible problems with the USPS, or is it only me?

Nikki_

O.G.
May 8, 2012
Last week, I had problems with a package I had sent out that was "out for delivery" and then updated to "Delivery status not updated" and hasn't update since.

I've repeatedly called that Post Office and was given every excuse possible regarding the delivery of this package. The general consensus was that it was indeed delivered and the carrier forgot to scan it.

The past few days, I've been working on another package that was "out for delivery" mid-June and updated to "Available for Pickup." This package had no signature confirmation and it's destination was a home. I called this Post Office and they checked and said it was not there, they spoke to the carrier and said it was delivered but the carrier forgot to scan the package.

Lately, I'm having trouble with 3 out of every 10 packages that I send via USPS Priority.

Is it only me or is anyone else having issues?

No. It is not just you. Most of the packages I buy signature confirmation for never get a signature and usually have that "delivery status not updated" status forever. I can't believe they charge over $2 for a service they don't actually provide most of the time. USPS service in general has dropped off dramatically in quality the last year or so.

Last week, I had problems with a package I had sent out that was "out for delivery" and then updated to "Delivery status not updated" and hasn't update since.

I've repeatedly called that Post Office and was given every excuse possible regarding the delivery of this package. The general consensus was that it was indeed delivered and the carrier forgot to scan it.

The past few days, I've been working on another package that was "out for delivery" mid-June and updated to "Available for Pickup." This package had no signature confirmation and it's destination was a home. I called this Post Office and they checked and said it was not there, they spoke to the carrier and said it was delivered but the carrier forgot to scan the package.

Lately, I'm having trouble with 3 out of every 10 packages that I send via USPS Priority.

Is it only me or is anyone else having issues?

Yes, for the last several months. All of the issues I have are with the packages that require signature. That is why I am so happy that Paypal decided to increase the amount that is required for signature to $750.I would much rather to send a package with just the delivery confirmation then with signature, because a lot of my packages with signature required, never obtained the signature and the status has not been updated as delivered.

I have had problems with them as well. Most recently, tracking shows a package delivery attempt with notice left (no notice actually left), then 40 minutes later package supposedly delivered. It never was. A week later the package finally was delivered. Meanwhile, seller went off the rails and it has become my worst eBay transaction ever.

The tracking "system" seems to be totally in ruins of late.

I've had the same experiences as all of you these past few weeks also. 1) Signature confirmation paid for on 4 packages and obtained on only one. 2) Delivery status still showing in transit on another package even though buyer left feedback over a week ago so they obviously received it. 3) Delivery status not updated on 2 packages after 2 weeks. The PayPal address labels clearly show Signature Tracking printed above the scan code so either the mail carriers aren't seeing that or just not doing their job. It is annoying to not get the services we are paying extra for.

So, I'm not the only one. I'm sorry to hear that many of you are having issues, as well.

What are we supposed to do, hope that no one opens an INR case against us?

Highlight our packages to be scanned, or what? (PLEASE SCAN)

This is completely unacceptable to be paying for these services and not receiving them. (Not to mention the headache of calling them and getting the run-around)

How difficult is it to scan a package or get a signature?

:rant:

I have been sending very expensive items via UPS. They have their issues, too, obviously but they do seem better with tracking and getting signatures.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that when I'm getting packages delivered to me and they come by when I'm not at home my carrier never leaves a delivery notice anymore. I haven't gotten one of those orange slips in over a year.

Usually they leave the package on my exposed doorstep whether it requires a signature or I have a mail hold or whatever (infuriating especially when I come home from a trip to find a soggy beat package in full view of the street). Occasionally, though, I'll find out that a package is waiting for me at the post office only by checking the tracking online.

I did not get a package of dior I ordered and I have been having mega issues with my postman delivering mail to the wrong homes in my neighborhood. I plan to file a claim tomorrow actually, because I am not messing around with my purses!

I've had horrible luck with USPS the last few years. They've screwed up the delivery on about half of the last 10 items I've sold on eBay, usually by neglecting to get signatures or not scanning packages upon delivery. Once I had to refund a woman because the mailing label somehow got separated from the package (it was securely affixed with plenty of tape). I received a letter stating that USPS had the mailing label but couldn't find the package it belonged to. Then there was the package that was deemed undeliverable for some unknown reason and then spent about a month bouncing all along the East Coast as it made its way back to me. When I finally received it, I saw it was in perfect shape and correctly addressed - no reason at all they couldn't deliver it. When I called the buyer's P.O. they were extremely rude and unhelpful.

It's been months since I've listed anything on eBay... I decided to take a break because of how stressed out USPS was making me.

I have been sending very expensive items via UPS. They have their issues, too, obviously but they do seem better with tracking and getting signatures.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that when I'm getting packages delivered to me and they come by when I'm not at home my carrier never leaves a delivery notice anymore. I haven't gotten one of those orange slips in over a year.

Usually they leave the package on my exposed doorstep whether it requires a signature or I have a mail hold or whatever (infuriating especially when I come home from a trip to find a soggy beat package in full view of the street). Occasionally, though, I'll find out that a package is waiting for me at the post office only by checking the tracking online.

If they're leaving packages for you on your doorstep that require a signature or you're returning home to find packages in full view, you should call your local USPS and file a complaint. That's terrible service!

I have never had a problem with usps. I only use them to ship.

You're quite fortunate then!

I did not get a package of dior I ordered and I have been having mega issues with my postman delivering mail to the wrong homes in my neighborhood. I plan to file a claim tomorrow actually, because I am not messing around with my purses!

I can't say that I blame you. Thankfully my local USPS is pretty good with delivery.

I've had horrible luck with USPS the last few years. They've screwed up the delivery on about half of the last 10 items I've sold on eBay, usually by neglecting to get signatures or not scanning packages upon delivery. Once I had to refund a woman because the mailing label somehow got separated from the package (it was securely affixed with plenty of tape). I received a letter stating that USPS had the mailing label but couldn't find the package it belonged to. Then there was the package that was deemed undeliverable for some unknown reason and then spent about a month bouncing all along the East Coast as it made its way back to me. When I finally received it, I saw it was in perfect shape and correctly addressed - no reason at all they couldn't deliver it. When I called the buyer's P.O. they were extremely rude and unhelpful.

It's been months since I've listed anything on eBay... I decided to take a break because of how stressed out USPS was making me.

Wow, it sounds like you're having the same luck as I've been having with the USPS. I just don't understand why it's so difficult to get a scan or signature upon delivery.

I'm about ready to take a break from selling myself and not due to my customers but due to the USPS.

Thanks for all the responses.

It is not just you. I will never use USPS again. I use ebay very infrequently, and should've learned my lesson the last time I sold an item for $470 where signature and delivery never updated.

The last incident with them is even worse -- i have a buyer who says the USPS carrier signed for a package on her behalf on a $450 item; and the package was stolen from her front door.

It is now a horrible catch 22 because USPS won't even honor a partial insurance claim given there is a clear signature confirmation/delivery on the item.

The last incident with them is even worse -- i have a buyer who says the USPS carrier signed for a package on her behalf on a $450 item; and the package was stolen from her front door.

It is now a horrible catch 22 because USPS won't even honor a partial insurance claim given there is a clear signature confirmation/delivery on the item.

What?! How do they know the USPS delivery person didn't take it! That's crazy.

As a buyer I had an item show online as attempted delivery, but it wasn't, then it was delivered that same day.
Another item was never scanned as delivered, I got it, the deliverer left it on my steps even though I have a note saying not to do this (it's one particular worker who does this). It was an Ebay purchase. If I was the seller I might have been sweating it. Lucky for them I am honest. :smile:

What?! How do they know the USPS delivery person didn't take it! That's crazy.

As a buyer I had an item show online as attempted delivery, but it wasn't, then it was delivered that same day.
Another item was never scanned as delivered, I got it, the deliverer left it on my steps even though I have a note saying not to do this (it's one particular worker who does this). It was an Ebay purchase. If I was the seller I might have been sweating it. Lucky for them I am honest. :smile:
It is crazy indeed. USPS considers the package delivered because their own postal worker signed for it.

I'm beyond frustrated with the situation, and grateful this wasn't thousands of dollars.