Is anyone else getting turned off by all the negitive reviews on LV..?

diorgrl : I thought this was supposed to be a fun purse obsession forum....I loved to log on and escape from the real world, and just be entertained for a while on looking a pretty bags and accessories...like window shopping ;)

Anyone else feel the same? This is supposed to be a fun forum, not a downer :sad: ...while I don't entirely object on the facts...but I just want to have a nice fun enjoyable experience on here ;)

Lets have some fun![/quote]

me too ... I second that! :tup:

I've never really thought of any brand as a "status" symbol because let's face it - anyone, no matter how large or small their "status", can get a designer item if they really want. They may not be able to do so on a whim like some others, but for example, I was a starving college student at one point, and I saved my pennies to buy a pair of high end shoes that I really wanted. My friends thought I was crazy but then again, I thought they were crazy for buying umpteen pairs of payless shoes that fell apart in a week. To each his (or her) own.

I love LV, but I also love Chanel, Fendi, Coach and other brands that produce bags that I feel are "me". I love what I love, it's an emotional and not a mental decision for me. That being said, people can make all the negative comments they want, I suppose it is their right. We do not, however, have to read it. If I see a negative LV thread, I just skip it!

I think that the posts you are referring to aren't meant to diss LV but just to inform people. I think some of us would like to know if there are any problems with the brand or get an update of the trends. We pay a lot of money for these bags so I think it's great that people are posting those kinds of informative threads.

Well, reality can be harsh sometimes :sad: On the handbags section, right now there is a huge topic of how the snakes are harvested for the exotic handbag trend, they are skinned alive and left to die w/out skin. Pretty disgusting and harsh and as an exotic handbag lover, I found myself pretty upset. Not that I like snakes, but the methods of obtaining that skin are just inhumane. Same with LV, you can love the brand but if they have some questionalble methods, one would want to know. Otherwise, skipping these threads is the only way to enjoy the forum like you want to.

I love LV because I just love it! And Im definitely not LUXURY OBSSESSED! I wear $20 shoes and $10 tanks and $30 jeans. I just love bags in general and LV happens to be one of my favorites. And I dont have issues with quality at all. And LV happens to be the most reasonably priced designer bag among others. All are entitled to own an LV, whether lower class, middle class etc....Dont care if everyone has it. All of us want the finer things in life and we have the right to do so without being bashed for it.

I think that the posts you are referring to aren't meant to diss LV but just to inform people. I think some of us would like to know if there are any problems with the brand or get an update of the trends. We pay a lot of money for these bags so I think it's great that people are posting those kinds of informative threads.

I totally agree. I think it's great to stay informed. Even though I agree with some of those articles. I STILL LOVE LOUIS VUITTON!!!!! and always will.:wlae::wlae::wlae:

It's important to try and not let things get to you, you notice a pattern once evry couple of months the forum takes a downer lots of sad threads and lots of bickering it passes it just takes a little while. This is a fast moving section and the easiest way to make something go away that you don't like is don't reply in it pretty quickly they fall off the front page and then that's pretty much it for that thread.

Usually I don't read them this is my escape and I chose what I read and what I don't

It's important to try and not let things get to you, you notice a pattern once evry couple of months the forum takes a downer lots of sad threads and lots of bickering it passes it just takes a little while. This is a fast moving section and the easiest way to make something go away that you don't like is don't reply in it pretty quickly they fall off the front page and then that's pretty much it for that thread.

Usually I don't read them this is my escape and I chose what I read and what I don't

Very good point!