Is anyone else getting these pop-ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's the issue of those really terrible pop ups for all of you right now? We have been working with the ad network to make sure it's being rectified but I know if there's a problem, you will tell us!

The ads are gone, the only thing I got since then was one of those Invalid Certificate warnings from one of my security programs. A few other Coach posters also mentioned getting warnings about insecure or unsafe connections yesterday. If I get any others I'll post them here.

I ran MalwareBytes and Avast AV scans and no problems were found.

The ads are gone, the only thing I got since then was one of those Invalid Certificate warnings from one of my security programs. A few other Coach posters also mentioned getting warnings about insecure or unsafe connections yesterday. If I get any others I'll post them here.

I ran MalwareBytes and Avast AV scans and no problems were found.

Thanks for letting us know! This is a new ad network and suffice it to say we've been having issues. @Vlad was on a long call with them yesterday trying to work this out. Thank you all for your patience. I know it's frustrating, it's even more frustrating for us. We always want to provide you with a great experience!

Just an FYI: Pop ups today just getting on TPF, before even entering a particular thread.. they were gone for several days and then started up again later last night.
Device:. SG8

View attachment 4561053 These are still popping up. Is anyone else still getting them?

Yep, with every page load. Even twice while typing this post. Makes it impossible to stay and browse.

Those are definitely not supposed to trigger without user interaction. I will review them with the ad network.

It does seem like the super aggressive, abusive fake virus alert ads have stopped?

Reactions: Josee604
I had never experienced this problem before today but as I was looking through treads I got a “you won a new iphone” ad, and I couldn’t close it- this happened on both my iphone and ipad. I don’t know if it matters but I’m from Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.