Is anyone else a little shocked about the new wallet prices?

...just not as complex and it is quite flimsy
they have this 'retro' feel about them, not sure if I like them or not

I don't like them either. I think the colored snap makes them look a little cheaper and more geared to the younger market. If they had the gold snap that the Sarah had but a colored inside, it would be different and they'd look more luxurious IMO. But the colored snap is a dealbreaker for me....well, that and the lack of credit card slots...and the lack of structure that Sarah has. I wonder if they'll hold up over the long term. I hope so.

actually I know many ppl loving LV and having lots of their bags but caomplaining about the very high wallet-prices. Actually I'm one of them and i think it's the right step by LV to give us a lees expensive alternative during this economy crisis

only 4 slots for credit cards ... those wallets are not my cup of tea.

maybe for those who cant afford a speedy and carry a pochette as a purse they might go for these wallets, too?

I think the wallets are cute. I don't think LV is intentionally giving us "lower" prices because I feel like a lot of the new bags coming out are at a higher price point than they would've been two years ago. Maybe they realize it's hard to sell a $600 or $800 wallet when they have bags at that price point, so they're lowering the wallets and upping the bags. Lol. Oh the LV roller coaster.

I think they are very cute and gives people who would never normally spend that much on a wallet a chance to enjoy an LV wallet. I think its lovely and i like the red one a lot!

I'm not 100% sold on them either...they're cute, but they don't WOW me.

I also think the lower price is due to less CC slots and not as much room for other things.

I'll hold out and save for a Zippy in vernis or another wallet :yes:

Perhaps due to the bad economy, LV is hinting that people should not be carrying around so many CCs. :P

Personally, I would be afraid of how well it will hold up. Since it is at a lower price point than most of their other wallets...I am thinking that some corners may have been cut. JMHO.

I am interested in these new wallets and the prices are more in line with what I am willing to spend on a wallet. I like the colors, especially the green.
I've wanted a zippy/sarah for so long, but the price keeps stopping me.

I like the price point and they are cute :smile:. They work for me because I really don't carry around a lot of cards in my wallet. I always keep a couple of cards in my LV business card holder and my wallet has my debit and $. I feel it is safer to keep my cards separated like that -- just in case I have a moment and misplace one of them, I have cards in another place :smile:.

yeah, definitely, their prices are really reasonable and affordable..at first I could not believe my eyes...I'm just curious to discover how much they will be in euro...anyway, I think that I'll get the Emilie wallet, I've never had a LV wallet, now it's the right time!

Love them! Beach Bum showed off her wallet in a thread and o la la! The red snap adds such a hip design element to the wallet and that removable change purse--love it!