Is anyone a Psychology major or has ther sychology degree?

I'm a psych major but I don't know how much help I'll be. :P
:lol:anything will help

Answer one of the following two essay questions:

1. Explain how heredity and environment interact to affect intelligence.

2. Compare and contrast client-centered and behavioral pschotherapies. In general, how and why does each work? Which do you think would be most effective in treating interpersonal anxiety and why?

I earned my PhD in clinical psych from UCLA lots of years ago..

I hope you can help:shame:

2. Compare and contrast client-centered and behavioral pschotherapies. In general, how and why does each work? Which do you think would be most effective in treating interpersonal anxiety and why?

You want me to do your final for you? How long does it have to be, and whats in it for me? And finally, do you want to mess with your professor?:yes:

You want me to do your final for you? How long does it have to be, and whats in it for me? And finally, do you want to mess with your professor?:yes:

:roflmfao: it only needs to be a paragraph or two and I will send you anything you want;). This really will help my grade and if you want to mess with my professor it will be greatly appreciated:lol:

Isn't this the whole, nature/nurture thing? E.g. A child born with a mental handicap raised in an environment designed to meet its needs and facilitate its learning would have a greater intelligence than say a child born with no mental handicap that endured sensory deprivation/isolation for most of its childhood (e.g. "feral children", etc.) and are retarded as a result. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question though.

:lol:anything will help

Client centered generally refers to an approach which focuses on the "here and now" like "how does the patient feel in the moment"..whereas behavioral is really more concrete, like for instance a person fears flying, so behavioral therapy would use something like "systematic desentization" to get the person slowly used to flying without the anxiety. Behavioral therapy uses a lot of homework, etc. (You can use these brief explanations and expand on them..right)?
Research at this time shows that no theraputic modality is more effective than another. (I am not making this us)..so what you can say is that you would need to do an assessment of the patient to determine the exact nature of their issue and learn more about how they process information to best determine which type to use for this person's issue.(for instance, some patients simply will not do homework, so client centered might be better for them). If you say this, your professor will not have an argument, since it is true. Therapy is not done cookbook style, treatment must be customized. If you make that your argument you should do well on the essay.:heart:

Client centered generally refers to an approach which focuses on the "here and now" like "how does the patient feel in the moment"..whereas behavioral is really more concrete, like for instance a person fears flying, so behavioral therapy would use something like "systematic desentization" to get the person slowly used to flying without the anxiety. Behavioral therapy uses a lot of homework, etc. (You can use these brief explanations and expand on them..right)?
Research at this time shows that no theraputic modality is more effective than another. (I am not making this us)..so what you can say is that you would need to do an assessment of the patient to determine the exact nature of their issue and learn more about how they process information to best determine which type to use for this person's issue.(for instance, some patients simply will not do homework, so client centered might be better for them). If you say this, your professor will not have an argument, since it is true. Therapy is not done cookbook style, treatment must be customized. If you make that your argument you should do well on the essay.:heart:

Thank you very much...Did you answer question 2?

Uh, yes, that was question 2. if you really want to be sassy, why not say that the modality that you would pick would largely depend on the patient's managed care company, and how many sessions were allowed, since that is what really drives treatment these days anyway.

Point #1 is the entire nature/nurture debate. Basically the final answer is that everything (including IQ) is a result of the complex interplay between the environment and your genes. Your genes can only do so much and then the environment kind of takes over...and vice versa....the environment can only do so much and then the rest is up to your genes.
So basically you're born with a potential to achieve an IQ of a certain #, but with certain environmental advantages you go move up a little bit (your not gonna be able to go from 70 to 140 or anything crazy)...in addition, a crazy environment (poverty, bad school system, etc.) can result in that potential # being lowered.

I hope that helps.....and BTW I have an MA in developmental psych :smile: