Is an Artsy being unable to stand up by itself normal?

miacostigan

Nov 30, 2012
I have a 2 year old Azur Artsy. I am aware that the canvas is supposed to soften, but is it supposed to soften to the point that the bag is unable to support itself at all? Is this normal or is this something I should go to LV for? The bag has been used but not abused and is only 2 so I'm not sure where this is coming from

lvoe nyc

Mar 25, 2013
I've seen some women on here say that their bag folds over. Did you try stuffing it to keep the shape? Mine is only a couple months old, but I hope it still stands up, I lightly stuff mine.

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
Sunny Florida
My Artsy is a few years old and will fold over if empty. I keep it stuffed with air pillows when I'm not using it. The bag has kept its shape but the canvas has definitely become softer over time. I wouldn't worry about it!

Jul 3, 2006
The bag is just light canvas (cloth with coating). The handle is heavier than the bag. Hence - it won't stand up, and it naturally will folder over.

OCMomof3

Feb 26, 2013
Southern CA
Top-heavy bag, whether new or not. I have 3 Artsys, one leather, none more than 2 years old (one is one month old) and none of them stand up on their own. I store them with clean, rolled towels to maintain the basic shape of the bag, but it's basically a hobo with a heavy handle, so gravity has its way!