Is amazon.com a legit site?

Amazon is probably the biggest book/movie retailer on the Internet. They're very popular and safe.

Edit: I forgot about the third party sellers. Be careful of them, check their reviews.

I LOVE amazon.com (my first online purchase years ago was from amazon). If you buy from a third party seller you are covered under their "A-Z guarantee". They make you contact the seller first to try to resolve any issues (they provide you the email) before you can file an A-Z claim.

:confused1::confused1:I WANT TO PURCHASE THE STEPHEN SPROUSE BOOK, ITS A GREAT PRICE, BUT ARE ITEMS BOUGHT FROM THEM LEGITIMATE?

definitely. the prices aren't as cheap on ebay, but you have 100% security in knowing they are legit. your only worry should be if you bought used items off other sellers, thats where issues may arise. but it sounds as if your buying it new. and even buying new items off their site has always been an enjoyable experience for me. if i didnt care about penny pinching i'd prefer amazon to ebay actually. better customer support, and it doesn't have that "street vendor" feeling, you feel like you are shopping in the internet equivelant of a mall lol

Definitely legit and great customer service. I order books, DVD's, etc. from them all the time and never had an issue. I've also had a few transactions with their 3rd party sellers and no issues either.

If you buy it from a 3rd party seller, check the ratings...just like on eBay. If you buy it directly from Amazon, it's definitely legit.
True, but Amazon's guarantee is awesome. If a marketplace seller screws you over, they take care of it for you. You don't even have to get on the phone-- you can do it all through their website. I once purchased an item from a person who posted a pic of something authentic, but then sent me a fake. Amazon refunded my money + shipping and banned the seller within 2 weeks. All of the other marketplace sellers I've dealt with have been great.

I've been buying from them for 10 years and I've never had a bad experience with them or their CS.

:confused1::confused1:I WANT TO PURCHASE THE STEPHEN SPROUSE BOOK, ITS A GREAT PRICE, BUT ARE ITEMS BOUGHT FROM THEM LEGITIMATE?

Amazon is trustworthy for books. Other merchandise, be cautious. I've seen numerous fake designer-branded items offered at Amazon, and so I don't think they're well set up to verify authenticity of some kinds of merchandise. Also, they are a gateway for the sale of bootleg DVDs and CDs-among the stuff that is offered by their Marketplace sellers, not by Amazon itself.

Books are safe, IMO.

Last edited:
Yes, depends what you are buying. I have seen fake stuff from 3rd parties - well let's just say looked very questionable. Check out who the seller is. Now I have bought plenty of books, movies, toys, and even a Botkier handbag and I have had no problems.