Is alma bb epi (noir) dressy enough for a wedding??

Pebli

Aug 17, 2014
I have a wedding and a fancy gala night coming up and just wondering if this bag is dressy enough for these kind of formal occasions. If so, would you hand hold or wear cross body? I'm assuming hand held would look more dressy?

Which would be more appropriate, that or a favorite pm as a clutch in one of the damier prints? (Haven't got a favorite yet but planning to regardless). I do own a Beverly clutch but thinking that would be out as its mono so probably far too casual?

Decisions decisions... Opinions would be appreciated! Thanks!

I think the Alma BB Noir without the strap would work as an evening formal bag. To me the Noir Epi is more formal than the ebene print, or any of the canvas materials. Should be handheld though.

I would take the Favorite. The gold chain makes it dressy and you can keep it on your shoulder. If you take the Alma, it should be hand held only and that will get annoying when handling drinks, food, greeting people, etc.

I'd go with the Alma since the Epi is more dressy and black is a neutral colour that works well with any outfit; would carry it handheld though as much as possible, but take along the strap so you can free up your hands during cocktail hour or any other time when two hands are needed.

I think the Epi Noir Alma BB is definitely dressy enough for a Wedding guest. I think hand carry or shoulder carry would work equally well, but I wouldn't wear it cross body. Personally, I wouldn't consider Favorite, in any size or print, appropriate for a formal occasion. I can see it being dressed up for dinner out, date night, etc.., but not for a formal event. I definitely wouldn't carry Favorite to a Black Tie event and Alma may work, but handheld only.

formal and crossbody do not go together at all! huge no for any bag at a formal event. it'd look great at a formal event handheld since it's noir, that'd be very ladylike. shoulder could be too casual. look at pictures of formal events, women typically hand-carry a small bag.

I think the Epi Noir Alma BB is definitely dressy enough for a Wedding guest. I think hand carry or shoulder carry would work equally well, but I wouldn't wear it cross body. Personally, I wouldn't consider Favorite, in any size or print, appropriate for a formal occasion. I can see it being dressed up for dinner out, date night, etc.., but not for a formal event. I definitely wouldn't carry Favorite to a Black Tie event and Alma may work, but handheld only.

Could not of said it better.

Thank you so much everyone! It has confirmed my thoughts that canvas is probably not best for these formal occasions. So I'm glad to know an alma in epi fits the bill :smile:

I went to a wedding dinner and there was tons of canvas around (Favourites and an Eva or two). It was kinda distracting for me, lol. Epi Alma is such a classic and understated piece.

I have a wedding and a fancy gala night coming up and just wondering if this bag is dressy enough for these kind of formal occasions. If so, would you hand hold or wear cross body? I'm assuming hand held would look more dressy?

Which would be more appropriate, that or a favorite pm as a clutch in one of the damier prints? (Haven't got a favorite yet but planning to regardless). I do own a Beverly clutch but thinking that would be out as its mono so probably far too casual?

Decisions decisions... Opinions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Just my 2 cents - if the event (gala) is an evening formal event, neither bag you are considering is formal enough. Get a cheaper, sparkly / satin clutch (I see lots of them at Macy's).

Again - just my 2 cents.
FS