is a TUMI bag worth $475 ?

If you buy new from Tumi, they've got a registration program for the items with a unique serial number, and they've got a crazy-great warranty you can read about here: http://www.tumi.com/about/warranty.jsp

I've always aspired to Tumi ... had a rolling office/work bag once that I later sold since I rarely used it.

So yes, IMO, they're worth it.

I'll just chime in here as a fan of TUMI. I have two of their bags.

The first one I bought when I was actually planning to buy a Longchamps Pliage but the saleslady convinced me to get the nylon Tumi quintessential tote. I love it! It's a little more elegant than the Longchamps, which is so common with young teenagers and twentysomething girls running around with them now. The tote is awesome because it's really roomy, durable and sooo lightweight. Also, it's got a few inside and outside pockets which makes for better organization than the Longhchamp Pliage which only comes with one small inside zip pocket.

The second Tumi I own is a traveller type bag but I use it as an everyday work bag because it's got a lot of pockets and slots for organizing everything I lug around on my commute. It's an army green sort of nubuck leather fabric with chocolate brown leather handles and trim. Very "army" inspired and cool It was pricey but I know it will last forever.

My husband has a couple of Tumi travel bags. The quality and durability are awesome. His are several years old and still look very new, and they've been through the wringer! And yes, the warranty is outstanding. I do think they are worth the money, they seem to be very well-made and they stand behind the product.

I have Tumi luggage and bags and bought them at T.j.Maxx and More. I bought the, then, $750. suitcase for $249.99 on red tag. I also have a Tumi tote bags and such, also bought at T.J.Maxx and More. Also Nordstrom Rack carries Tumi.

base on resell value i'll say no. but if u don't care about resell and will use the bag often and it suits u than i'll say it's really subjective. i love nylon and my cheapest nylon is a kipling that some of my friends think is overprice and i bought it from the outlet lol. if u are someone who review and renew their bag collection often i'll say look away otherwise go ahead beauty + comfort + practicality is really hard to come by :smile:

I have a wallet I paid full price of almost $300 for (though Ill admit that when I found it on sale through their website two days later for half price I returned and rebought) and had it not been on sale I'd still have paid $300 for it. The craftsmanship is insanely nice.

So I probably would!

Based on my many Tumi nylon bags I'd say yes. I have lots of pieces from their Voyageur collection and they wear extremely well. Also I've had good service with repairs and replacement parts for things like zip pulls. If you're not 100% on spending full price right now you could wait and see if you spot one on ebay or wait for their next sale in Dec to see if it goes on sale. Discontinued styles and colors go for 40% off then.

I got a Tumi bag for my BF, and it's is great! he loves it. it's been a year and the bag looks brand new. i feel like it can take anything you through at it. we have a 30% student discount through our school too, so it's even better:graucho:

thanks everyone!
i have really been wanting a 'handbag' that can fit a laptop
and this TUMI i saw does the trick -- it even comes with a laptop sleeve
i really appreciate all the reviews -- tumi seems to get a big thumbs up
this would NOT be to resell... i only buy bags now that i am going to use the daylights out of
:smile:

thanks everyone!
i have really been wanting a 'handbag' that can fit a laptop
and this TUMI i saw does the trick -- it even comes with a laptop sleeve
i really appreciate all the reviews -- tumi seems to get a big thumbs up
this would NOT be to resell... i only buy bags now that i am going to use the daylights out of
:smile:

well then if you are going to use it a lot, then it might very well be worth it

Recently bought two tumi items. One a leather jacket pocket wallet (I am a man) and a 400 dollar messenger bag. Love the wallet as its perfect and what I was looking for and the bag is convenient but I cant tell you long term I do like it though.

The warranty is I think only one full year. By contrast other bags I have had (briggs and riley) were lifetime and I kinda expected that from a high priced piece of luggage.

My FIL and DH are die-hard Tumi fans. Most of their bags have been used and abused but still look brand new. I say bags from this brand are definitely worth the $$! I went to a Tumi store recently and they have a new washed leather material (brown) for men's bags and they look really gorgeous....but it's pricier.