Is a Silver Mandeville and Exeter Excessive?

knasarae

The K Is Silent
O.G.
Apr 23, 2007
So BF says I am excessive. Not just with bags but with everything. I guess I kinda am a little over the top compared to the average person. I've been called eccentric on many occassions. I don't mind…it adds to my charm. :angel: So he says he doesn't understand why I have a Mandeville and Exeter in Silver (guess I didn't hide it as well as I thought, lol). He says they are the same bag. :wtf: :shrugs: Well the Exeter fits all my stuff and that is all, while the Mandeville provides extra room for things like if I want to take my digital camera, or gloves/earmuffs in the winter…things like that. So I think I am justified in having both. I also explained to him that I consider Silver my basic black bag so it would be silly to get rid of them.

So what do you guys think? Are they too similar to keep both?

I have the silver mandeville and to tell the truth, that is what has held me back from buying the exeter too. I was considering it when it was available at off 5th a looong time ago when VVV (then snypurrprincess!) bought it. I couldn't bring myself to buy both just because they serve the same purpose for me--they are both handheld bags that are the same color. You say that they have different purposes to you so that makes it different from my situation, though.

Darn, now I can't let him read your response, lmao!!!! I dunno...sometimes I think ok, I'll keep the Exeter and get rid of the Mandy and other times I think noooooo! lol

I don't think it's excessive. If you have different purposes for them, which you do, then it's fine. If you were hurting for money or space, perhaps you could sell one of them. But it's not necessary otherwise, IMO.

If I were in your situation I would maaaaybe consider selling the mandeville, but it would probably only be a 15% chance of me doing that (in reality a 0% chance cause I haven't ever sold on ebay and don't think I ever will lol).

I would suggest taking time to think about it, maybe a month or two. See how much you use the mandeville now that you have the exeter. Remember that there will always be more bags that you will want and that might have a better purpose in your collection and you always have the option to sell the mandeville. Either way, they are both amazing bags and I wouldn't think it was weird to keep both!

I think you should totally keep both there is a difference in size and it's good to have two different size basic black bags. One for extra stuff and movies for you and him..or one just for you. Sometimes you just don't want to carry alot of stuff! and sometimes you do..

definitely think it through don't make a quick decision based on his opinion you might really regret it. Both of those are getting harder to find. Plus the longer you wait to decide, if you choose to sell, it could work to your advantage. I really think you should keep both though!

OMG, I am so glad you brought up the movie thing!! I totally sold him on the Rasta Montego that way!!! :tup:

Yeah, none of her prints could really replace a basic black so far....not even BW Checkerboard IMO. SO, I will keep them both for now.

I would keep them both! Like it was stated above, you have two totally different jobs for those two lambies. So you need them both equally! And it's your basic black. You need them! lol.

Keep'em both. You can never have too many 'black' bags or shoes. My DH says, 'why do you need a 15th pair of black shoes?" and I say "because they all serve different needs". He doesn't understand either that that is a perfectly valid reason for a woman to have (what appears to be ) multiples of the same thing :smile: