Is a Fanny pack still a fanny pack?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. My mom recently gave me her old Chanel 'fanny pack'. It's the small (like maybe 6 inches across) square quilted style with a belt and chain attached.
    My question is this - coulsd I wear it or is it still just a tacky fanny pack?

80's style is back in but I don't want to wear it and have people looking at me the same way I would look at someone if I saw them wearing an actual fanny pack.:lol:

So my question is this - is a Belt purse really just a fanny pack with a designer name on it?
    Opinions...
    Thanks =)
    NYRIA:heart:

2. I depends, if it is large and boxy than it is more of a fanny pack. But if it is slim and gusseted it is more like a belt bag, and those are very chic. Especially a Chanel one.

3. it really depends on how you wear it with. remember: it's about how you wear it... you can do the carrie bradshaw and wear cropped trousers, killer heels with a simple tee/tank and top it off with a french beret. accessorise with some huge bangles and voila!- you've got pairsian chic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice