Is a .25 classic Tiffany setting ring in RG too small

I think it depends on your finger size as well as what you define as “small and dainty.” Are you able to try rings on in person? My advice would be to try different carat sizes on if possible to get a better idea of what you might prefer.
Thank you for your reply
I am size 6 and not able to try them on yet. By small and dainty, for example I have a .07 dbty necklace in rg and I love it

IMHO it would be way too small for me (and my ring size is 5.5 for reference). I would look for between .4 and half a carat for something small and dainty. However, we all have different tastes. So here are some size comparisons on my hand to show you. For reference my Tiffany e-ring is a 1.02. My yellow diamond in the Soleste is a .22. My DBTY necklace (which always face larger) is a .32.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMHO it would be way too small for me (and my ring size is 5.5 for reference). I would look for between .4 and half a carat for something small and dainty. However, we all have different tastes. So here are some size comparisons on my hand to show you. For reference my Tiffany e-ring is a 1.02. My yellow diamond in the Soleste is a .22. My DBTY necklace (which always face larger) is a .32.

View attachment 4880442

View attachment 4880449

View attachment 4880450

View attachment 4880453

View attachment 4880454
Thanks for the pics!
The ideal combination for me would be this :

F10BB662-8763-47E0-A58A-12EEB3ABED22.jpeg

Thank you for your reply
I am size 6 and not able to try them on yet. By small and dainty, for example I have a .07 dbty necklace in rg and I love it
I have the Tiffany setting in yellow gold, and it’s around half a carat. My ring size is 4.5, so a half carat on you would look a little smaller. I’ve attached a photo of my ring with my Soleste band to give you an idea. CEAB8336-F49E-4133-B210-C4962FE32CED.jpeg

We have similar tastes; I also like simple and on the daintier side, but yes, 0.25 carat for a solitaire ring is too small.

@AntiqueShopper is correct, that Tiffany dbty diamonds "face larger"; it would seem that Tiffany selects stones that are cut a little wider and flatter for that necklace/bracelet style, which makes functional sense. Viewed pages and pages of the wonderful photos on this site and I believe PriceScope of jewelry lovers visually demonstrating this with other, often ideal-cut diamonds that aren't dbty. :smile:

I have a 0.4 carat ideal-cut Brian Gavin diamond pendant; my ring finger size is 4.75ish? and I wouldn't go much smaller than that for a solitaire. Maybe 0.35-0.5 range.

Edit: attached a photo...don't mind me rolling around the bed mid-day...and sorry that the bezel setting does hide a bit of the diamond for you.

IMG_1935.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, I didn’t know that you could go in between.25 and .5 at Tiffany, as those are the only options on the website, maybe.35-.4 would be my ideal size then, it is true that with my ring size it would be smaller, and I wouldn’t want it to be « overpowered » by the eternity band (which I want thin though)

Thank you, I didn’t know that you could go in between.25 and .5 at Tiffany, as those are the only options on the website, maybe.35-.4 would be my ideal size then, it is true that with my ring size it would be smaller, and I wouldn’t want it to be « overpowered » by the eternity band (which I want thin though)
The stone sizes online are only used as a starting price guide. They definitely offer every size in between. It is best to call in advance to see what is available before you go in.

Hi @cvalier26 I feel bad for initially saying a 0.25 solitaire is "too small" in case you do prefer daintier/smaller diamonds. Maybe 0.25ct is what suits people's tastes and it could be yours. Pictures of them are starting to appeal to me, too!

I found these links out of curiosity from weddingbee, they are all 0.25 (the last one is allegedly a Tiffany 0.24):

I hope I'm not breaking any rules...I love jewelry!

Reactions: cvalier26