Is $500 a good price for a LV Speedy 30?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. There is a lady selling a LV Speedy 30 for $500 with the receipt, she says you can take it back to LV and exchange it for something else $650 or greater. Is that worth it or would it be better to keep the bag? It's a local sale so I could pick it up, take it right to a store and make sure it's authentic.

2. I don't understand any of this.

3. im not sure if your alking about a ebay auction but if you are or if it's someone in your area i would not buy it for $500 thats a lot for a bag that isn't brand you...i would just put in the extra $$$ and get a new one directly from LV

4. If she told you that you can exchange it for somethign worth up to $650 at the LV store does that mean that it is brand new? In that case it is a good deal...but why doesn't she just go exchange it herself?

5. Too suspicious. I would just pay the extra $ and buy the LV from the store. Why wouldn't she just exchange it herself? $500 is not a good deal for a used LV.

6. Sounds fishy to me.

7. I don't think they will give her cash back, only an exchange. She wants cash. No, it's not an Ebay auction just a classified ad. Here is how she worded it:

I have brand new:
    Key& Change Holder $160 I would take $100
    Speedy 30 $650 I would take $500 this purse comes with the receipt and can be exchanged for something of equal or greater value.
    So you would gain and extra $150 by purchasing from me.
    www.louisvuitton.com You can go to the website to double check or get a look at the items.
    Hate to let them go but I am not using them!

8. does LV give a store credit? (I'm not LV lover so I don't know) If so, convince her to return the bag for the credit and buy $650 credt for $500

9. In the SF store you can only get store credit, and that's only within 14 days of the sale. I also agree that you'd be better off buying new or on eBay (get anything authenticated on the boards first).

10. If I were you, since it is a local deal I would make her go with you to the store and make sure this deal is legit. If it is legit and you can exchange it for something else worth $650. Then it is a really good deal. If she is not willing to go with you that should tell you something about the deal.

11. ^I agree!

12. Good idea!

13. I can't imagine doing something like that...

14. I think you should ask her when the purchase was made because the bag can only be returned for a store credit/exchange if it's still within the "return period". I think the return period is within 30 days after purchase but please check with the ladies in the LV forum. Hope this helps.

15. Be careful it sounds a bit fishy...