Is $20k for black Birkin 30cm with rose gold hardware insane?

Is $20k for black Birkin 30cm with rose or yellow gold hardware insane?

• bananas

• understandable given the circumstances

Results are only viewable after voting.
I want a black Birkin 30cm with rose gold or yellow gold hardware. I am interested but not sure if I will like rose gold on a black Birkin so the reseller is allowing one exchange for the same bag in gold hardware (or a B25) in case I don't like the rose gold.

I want a bag in new or excellent condition. Flaccid handles on pre-loved bags really turn me off! I don't have patience to try my luck in Paris or build a relationship with an SA. It's not even possible at the moment and I want the bag soon.

I understand that rose gold hardware is rare right now but I am gravitating towards yellow gold.

I know it depends on one's circumstances but is paying $20k for a new black 2019 togo Birkin 30cm in either rose gold or yellow gold insane?

Last edited:
I've never seen b30/25in black with RGHW in real life but it looks pretty in pictures . I think it looks less harsh and more feminine than with GHW . But on the other hand , GHW is wonderful with black . I think you can never go wrong with black PHW , GHW or RGHW .

$20K is insane for this bag ! I think reasonable resellers sell it for $14.5K ~ $15.5K .

Reactions: WingNut
I've never seen b30/25in black with RGHW in real life but it looks pretty in pictures . I think it looks less harsh and more feminine than with GHW . But on the other hand , GHW is wonderful with black . I think you can never go wrong with black PHW , GHW or RGHW .

$20K is insane for this bag ! I think reasonable resellers sell it for $14.5K ~ $15.5K .
Thanks for your input! If it is allowed, if anyone finds a newish black B30 in rghw or yg with a good return policy, please let me know!

I own a B30 Black GHW, got it in January from my local store. I totally understand your predicament and that you want this bag soon, but I find that 20K as an asking price is a bit ridiculous if not totally disrespectful... I hope only that for this price the bag is store fresh!

OP doesn't want to go to FSH or try to build an SA relationship, so buying at the store is a long shot (and a special order a much longer shot). So while, yes you can buy a bag for a lot less at retail (or place a special order for the same price as retail), that doesn't really apply here.
I'd advise the OP to try their local store just in case, but B30 is still in higher demand than B35 and black is the most-requested color.
Brand new Birkins in size 30 and a highly desirable combo like black Togo with any color hardware are $18K plus at most resellers in the US. So $20K might be the high side but it's not insane from a market standpoint. At that price I would demand store fresh in box, never carried.

There are boutiques (one in particular comes to mind) that will source and sell new Hermes at prices like these (18-20k) and the way they justify it is they are providing the convenience of not having to relationship build and you’d have to spend this much at the store if not more to get the bag, plus who knows if the exact bag you want is even offered. I’m not saying I believe this is right or wrong but this is how they justify it.

I want a black Birkin 30cm with rose gold or yellow gold hardware. I am interested but not sure if I will like rose gold on a black Birkin so the reseller is allowing one exchange for the same bag in gold hardware (or a B25) in case I don't like the rose gold.

I want a bag in new or excellent condition. Flaccid handles on pre-loved bags really turn me off! I don't have patience to try my luck in Paris or build a relationship with an SA. It's not even possible at the moment and I want the bag soon.

I understand that rose gold hardware is rare right now but I am gravitating towards yellow gold.

I know it depends on one's circumstances but is paying $20k for a new black 2019 togo Birkin 30cm in either rose gold or yellow gold insane?

I have Black w/GHW B30 and love it. It did not replace my desire for black w/Rghw so I placed a SO for that in B25. I think you would love either/both. However, if I didn't have the opportunity to have both (no relationship with H), I would buy the Black w/ Rghw bc I love RG more. But that's me...

To me it's not unreasonable to pay $20K if you have no chance of getting the bag from the boutique & go the reseller route. That is the price I usually see for BN and Store Fresh coveted B30/25 from resellers. Ann's Fab Finds tends to be more reasonable (16K or so) with pricing but you may have to wait for that particular spec to show up and then grab it fast. Bottom line, u pay dearly for convenience with B/K purchases bc of what it takes to get those offers...

Good luck and Happy Hunting!!!!

I appreciate all the input. I would like to add that the store fresh $20k bag includes tax and shipping. It may not seem like much but it does add up. The black Togo Birkins I’ve seen online that run in the 11-15k range (plus tax) have a musty or perfume odor, frayed stitches, etc. I will keep searching for a “reasonable” option. Thanks again!

I think it's a bit much, but I'm not an expert. Not sure which reseller you're working with but I bet if you look on Fashionphile/AFF/etc. (lots of recommended resellers on this H forum) you can find same specs in new condition for less than $20k.

Reactions: Mali_