Is 2 black classic Chanel bags too much?

What should I do?

• Total voters
You have a nice collection of beautiful classic colors - black, beige clair, white and red. All you are missing is a grey! Lol. I would KEEP the caviar medium flap and it is okay to have a smaller bag in a lambskin bag. I would add a square mini in lambskin for variety; the strap drop is shorter than the rectangular mini.

Reactions: vivy_tran
First of all, you have a beautiful collection. I absolutely embrace having two black classic flaps, and I DO have two black classic flaps. The first two bags (after my WOC) that I bought were a black lambskin with gold hardware in medium and a black caviar with silver hardware in medium. Two me they are different enough to justify. I don’t like mixing metals, so I love having the option of both hardwares. Plus one is caviar and one lambskin, so they look and feel different.

I say buy what you love. Plus classic flaps just keep increasing in price, so if you are able to, I would go ahead and buy another in lambskin now rather than later. And I would keep the gift from your thoughtful hubby :smile:

Reactions: vivy_tran and XCCX
Hello ladies,

For the last year or so, I’ve been building my Chanel collection while also spacing out how much to spend on a bag. My husband got me my first black classic flap med with gold hardware, and I absolutely love it. After so many reviews on here and via YouTube on how lambskin is a bad idea for a first bag, I opted for the caviar instead. At the time, I also thought that I’d only get just 1 Chanel bag for the rest of my life and might as well get caviar since it’s more durable. After adding a few more bags to my collection, I‘m starting to like lambskin more and more since it’s so luxurious and feels a little bit more quintessential Chanel to me. I feel that I have enough bags in my collection to rotate. I also have other non-Chanel bags like YSL and LV. For lambskin, I’m leaning towards small size because I think it’s super cute size and it’s small enough that I can “protect” it while wearing it (bumping into people and things). I’m considering the following options:

1) sell my caviar med bag GHW and buy a small black lambskin GHW — because they are similar bags?
2) keep my caviar new bag because husband got it for me so it’s a bit sentimental and get a lambskin bag — it’s okay to have more than 1 black bag

A few things to note:
1) I think maybe 4-5 is a perfect number of Chanel bags in my collection. 5 max.
2) Considering a pink mini to my collection as a 5th bag.
3) I’m dead set on classic flaps (no boys, trendy cc, etc).
4) my husband does not seem to care if I replace the bag he got for me, as long as I’m happy with the bag. He does prefer caviar more since it’s more durable and thinks that it has more function/more wear out of it... but he’s not the one wearing it :P
5) I baby all of my bags.

Current collection:
Black Med/Large Caviar with GHW
Beige Clair Jumbo Caviar with GHW
20S White Small Caviar with LGHW
20S Red Med/Large Lambskin with LGHW

Any help is appreciated!!

View attachment 4826734

View attachment 4826735

Your collection is absolute perfection! I love black Chanel bags so I am biased in saying I don't see any issues with 2 black bags in your collection. I also think a fun pop of color would be nice as well.

Definitely keep the M/L - it's so quintessential Chanel :love:

Have you considered getting a black lambskin mini? I own a small CF and a mini, and to be honest, they fit about the same (due to the double flap of the small size).:smile:

Reactions: fdc and vivy_tran
I’m quite the opposite! My first was a black lambskin jumbo in ghw! Love it to bits! Up till now! I eventually got a black m/l caviar ghw before the price increased and a black boy aged ghw recently although it’s crazily steep still! But I love them all blacks! I say get a black lambskin jumbo ghw! That will show the difference and it’s truly a quintessential chanel! :heart: :heart: :nuts:

Definitely keep the M/L - it's so quintessential Chanel :love:

Have you considered getting a black lambskin mini? I own a small CF and a mini, and to be honest, they fit about the same (due to the double flap of the small size).:smile:
Yes, I thought about it, but I don’t like the chain length (too long on me). I was told there’s something I can use to shorten the strap. Maybe not a popular opinion here, but I like the double flap! :amuse:

First of all, you have a beautiful collection. I absolutely embrace having two black classic flaps, and I DO have two black classic flaps. The first two bags (after my WOC) that I bought were a black lambskin with gold hardware in medium and a black caviar with silver hardware in medium. Two me they are different enough to justify. I don’t like mixing metals, so I love having the option of both hardwares. Plus one is caviar and one lambskin, so they look and feel different.

I say buy what you love. Plus classic flaps just keep increasing in price, so if you are able to, I would go ahead and buy another in lambskin now rather than later. And I would keep the gift from your thoughtful hubby :smile:
Thank you! Yes, I’m considering different hardware, but i think it looks best in gold (I love gold!). I also think the look of each is different due to the leather material. Black looks so saturated in lamb and looks so luxurious. Black on caviar feels more casual and would go with casual outfits like jeans. I definitely like the different options to go with my outfits.

You have a nice collection of beautiful classic colors - black, beige clair, white and red. All you are missing is a grey! Lol. I would KEEP the caviar medium flap and it is okay to have a smaller bag in a lambskin bag. I would add a square mini in lambskin for variety; the strap drop is shorter than the rectangular mini.
I’m on the list for a square mini for more than a year now, but it’s always out of stock :sad: so I figured that the small size is popular? I like the shape of both bags.

Absolutely love ur collection!!! I can’t say having more than 1 black Chanel is too many as I have a jumbo caviar SHW, medium caviar chevron LGHW, 225 reissue so black , a black calf with SHW camera bag, black caviar LGHW mini, black caviar and silver WOC! Yes I know a lot of black!!! Get whichever will make you happy! I’m thinking to take the plunge in lamb soon!

Reactions: vivy_tran
Absolutely love ur collection!!! I can’t say having more than 1 black Chanel is too many as I have a jumbo caviar SHW, medium caviar chevron LGHW, 225 reissue so black , a black calf with SHW camera bag, black caviar LGHW mini, black caviar and silver WOC! Yes I know a lot of black!!! Get whichever will make you happy! I’m thinking to take the plunge in lamb soon!
Thank you!! And wow, you have so many black bags! You can totally get the lamb since you can easily rotate your collection. After overwhelmingly positive responses from everyone, I’ll take the plunge and get the small lamb!

If i were in your shoes, i would keep everything except the small white one. I would then buy a black vintage jumbo lambskin, because you need a big black bag that is worry free and easy to match. Also would get a vintage mini in a bright colour or black. Black of different sizes is fine in my books as you're not doubling up.

Can i just say, i LOVE your red lamb, making me drool here. :nuts: