Is $2,300 for a vintage Maxi Caviar too high of a price?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have no idea how much vintage flaps are suppose to cost in this market but I went to a consignment store and that was the price i got.. the bag was in decent condition but obviously looked used.
    I was considering getting it but want to check with the market first..
    What do you guys think?:heart:

2. i think that's way above the current vintage jumbo xl 'maxi's' price on *bay.
    i think the ones on the bay are in the mid 1k and in very good condition.

3. Are you sure it was an XL and not a jumbo? I believe that the XL's were all made in lambskin. I've never seen one in caviar leather.
    Perhaps give them a call to check the measurements and try to get some pics too to post on the authentication thread.
    Ans yes, the price is rather high for a well used piece.

4. Yeah I just went to ebay and some other websites.. thank god i didn't buy it there... The one i wanted was the old school (not diamond quilt, just two straight lines on each side) type of XL. I believe it was in caviar.. although I could be wrong.. yay my new found obsession!!