Is 1941 gone?

I heard that it is still around but because some of the Coach New York stuff, particularly the embellished items, are at or close to 1941 pricing, they are not branding the 1941 stuff like they had been. Coach New York stuff will still be logo'd as such.
Personally, 1941 is what brought me back to Coach. Almost all of my collection is 1941. I think taking that away, even if just visually for branding, is a mistake.
JMHO though...

This is hugely disappointing for me. I really loved the 1941 stuff and I was hoping thats what started the direction away from mass produced outlet bags. When it was said they were going to be doing less sales I was happy (well sort of), I thought that finally they were trying to step the brand up. Instead it seems like there's more and more sales. I didn't buy anything during PCE and then a week later I got an email for 30% almost everything anyways(which will be followed by SAS next month). The 1941 line is beautiful, gorgeous leathers and finishing and nicely made. Sadly I think im done with Coach. While they're still my first "designer" purse I have no interest playing the "will this be cheaper next week" game.

I don't think the items in the 1941 line are gone (i.e. Rogue, Dinky, saddlebag, etc.). I just don't think it'll be branded as such. That said, my personal opinion is that the quality of 1941 items is not what it was. I ordered three different washed red Rogues in the spring, all of which had issues (lack of attention to detail). Same with the grey Rogue 25. Uber disappointing.

I don't think the items in the 1941 line are gone (i.e. Rogue, Dinky, saddlebag, etc.). I just don't think it'll be branded as such. That said, my personal opinion is that the quality of 1941 items is not what it was. I ordered three different washed red Rogues in the spring, all of which had issues (lack of attention to detail). Same with the grey Rogue 25. Uber disappointing.
I guess I'll be holding on to my 1941 bags, especially my Rogues. The details and quality are amazing.

This is hugely disappointing for me. I really loved the 1941 stuff and I was hoping thats what started the direction away from mass produced outlet bags. When it was said they were going to be doing less sales I was happy (well sort of), I thought that finally they were trying to step the brand up. Instead it seems like there's more and more sales. I didn't buy anything during PCE and then a week later I got an email for 30% almost everything anyways(which will be followed by SAS next month). The 1941 line is beautiful, gorgeous leathers and finishing and nicely made. Sadly I think im done with Coach. While they're still my first "designer" purse I have no interest playing the "will this be cheaper next week" game.
My sentiments exactly- well-said. I bought some recent limited pieces from then original Disney release and Dark Fairytales and then a random rogue here and there with department store promotions. But I cannot waste closet real estate on things that will likely end up on sale or banished to outlets. It is so annoying to see items I paid close to full price with prices slashed.

Coach was my first designer bag as well and I am still astonished at the quality and patina of vintage Coach bags. But now I will probably look away and not look back esp. with the direction the brand is headed.

My sentiments exactly- well-said. I bought some recent limited pieces from then original Disney release and Dark Fairytales and then a random rogue here and there with department store promotions. But I cannot waste closet real estate on things that will likely end up on sale or banished to outlets. It is so annoying to see items I paid close to full price with prices slashed.

Coach was my first designer bag as well and I am still astonished at the quality and patina of vintage Coach bags. But now I will probably look away and not look back esp. with the direction the brand is headed.
My thoughts exactly seeing so.much 1941 stuff at.the outlets for pennies is the final.straw

They definitely started making some nice items that weren't 1941. I have a leather lined nolita that's beautiful and some of the bags have been leather lined as well lately(at very reasonable prices). I really wanted a drifter, I looked at them for over half a year and somehow never pulled the trigger. When they showed up on outlets with an F creed patch I was so happy I didn't buy one. Now that they're doing that with 1941 it just ruins it for me. It cheapens the brand. I really felt like the 2 lines for coach worked. There was regular coach for people who just wanted a coach bag and the 1941 for people who were looking for a more refined product. Everyone was happy. Now I'm just disappointed. Seems like they're just trying to sell as much as possible instead of trying to make themselves into a better brand.