Is 150mm too much of a jump?

I agree with the others. If you feel comfortable in them, then go ahead! I'm super comfortable in 120s and I ordered some Coroclics(140mm wedges) and thought I would be fine since they're wedges and let me tell you... I do not feel comfortable in them at all, so they're going back to Nordies. I think 120 is the max for me, no I don't think, I know. And I'm 23 and 4"11. Lol.

Have you discussed this with your mom? If not, then perhaps you should show her pics of the shoes you are thinking about buying and see what she has to say. After all, it is her opinion that will matter the most.

i can just about do 120's and i got the mago in a 140 and i had to return them as it was just too high for me - although sky high are good, they arnt (IMO) as wearable as 120s and 100s!

Yeah I'm only 5'2 as well, and it's so frustrating being so damn short. I need a boost lmao.

I know what you mean! I get that joke, "its a different atmosphere up here!" all the time HAHAHA.

I really think since were the same height that 150mm isn't bad. You'll still be shorter than most girls in heels and a bit shorter than guys anyway.

Nope, not offended at all I'm not even interested in those styles, only heard of the Ariella that you mentioned. Now I know that a lot of people don't read siggies lmao :roflmfao: it's my entire CL collection listed :P

ANYWAYS, yes I tried on a LP sling cousin (Lady Clou) it was totally unstable, had to size .5 down. So if you see a 15 year old in LPs in Oakville, you know you spotted me :roflmfao:

Oh right I see, duh :rolleyes: Haha I love the look of LPs even though they're a bit more precarious to walk on - especially around Bay/Bloor where the pavement is not always flat. Well, I'll wave if I see ya! :biggrin:

I'm a short girl too - 5 ft 3! So I love a high heel. I've tried 150s and 160s and had to give them up because I jumped straight from a 120 and had no balance at all! IMO you really need to go up in grades - master the 140 and when you can handle it then try the 150 later. 10 mins in a 150 and I was on my butt! :lol: plus I got my first CLs in my teens and had no where to wear them! Super high heels can be pretty unpractical before you hit 20 haha it wasn't until I started university that I started to go to bars, got a hot guy to take me places and got more use out of them.
Hope this helped :flowers:

louboutin, I agree with Karwood. Have you talked to your mom about these shoes? What concerns me about the 150s is that your body is still growing and changing. Shoes that are that high could really do damage to your spine, and I know you're probably rolling your eyes and saying, 'shut up'. It's true, though, and I'd hate to think of you doing any kind of damage to yourself just because you want to appear taller at age 14. If you were my daughter, and had a very sophisticated fashion sense, which you have, I wouldn't let you buy a shoe that high (or that expensive!). It just seems like an unwise decision. Now, if you can afford to buy them just to stare at all day long, well, that's a different story! Ha! And, if you want them just to look cool, I'm sure you already look cool just the way you are! Don't try to grow up too fast - the day will come sooner than you think, when you'd give anything to be 14 again. Trust me, I know what I'm talkin' about!! Good luck, honey.

I'm a short girl too - 5 ft 3! So I love a high heel. I've tried 150s and 160s and had to give them up because I jumped straight from a 120 and had no balance at all! IMO you really need to go up in grades - master the 140 and when you can handle it then try the 150 later. 10 mins in a 150 and I was on my butt! :lol: plus I got my first CLs in my teens and had no where to wear them! Super high heels can be pretty unpractical before you hit 20 haha it wasn't until I started university that I started to go to bars, got a hot guy to take me places and got more use out of them.
Hope this helped :flowers:

That's true too, but I do wear them places, if we go to a restaurant or something I always wear my CLs, except at school of course.

Oh right I see, duh :rolleyes: Haha I love the look of LPs even though they're a bit more precarious to walk on - especially around Bay/Bloor where the pavement is not always flat. Well, I'll wave if I see ya!

Ugh yes Bloor is like a disaster for heels.

I know what you mean! I get that joke, "its a different atmosphere up here!" all the time HAHAHA.

I really think since were the same height that 150mm isn't bad. You'll still be shorter than most girls in heels and a bit shorter than guys anyway.

People at school randomly tell me that I'm short it's like THANKS you think I don't know this? :lolots:

i can just about do 120's and i got the mago in a 140 and i had to return them as it was just too high for me - although sky high are good, they arnt (IMO) as wearable as 120s and 100s!

I agree, that they aren't as wearable, but I've got 3 100mm already, I want a change, and a dramatic change too. But that's just my personality.

the 150s are a struuugle for me. i like 140s tbh

I might just do the 140s, and do 150 next time. since my birthday and christmas are right beside each other I might ask for both :biggrin: I don't think I'll succeed tho lmao.

Have you discussed this with your mom? If not, then perhaps you should show her pics of the shoes you are thinking about buying and see what she has to say. After all, it is her opinion that will matter the most.

She's the one that suggests these things :roflmfao:

I agree with the others. If you feel comfortable in them, then go ahead! I'm super comfortable in 120s and I ordered some Coroclics(140mm wedges) and thought I would be fine since they're wedges and let me tell you... I do not feel comfortable in them at all, so they're going back to Nordies. I think 120 is the max for me, no I don't think, I know. And I'm 23 and 4"11. Lol.

I've tried on 150 before and they felt fine, I wouldn't be actually walking in them tho lol :P

150 is too high for me :sad: They sit in my closet. 120 and 140 are perfect. I agree 100 is not too high, those sit in my closet as well.....

I love the 150mm, problem is all of the hottest styles are in 150 and I think they'll be too high :sad:

You're so young !! You will have plenty of time to wear 150mm or even more!!
Which styles are you considering?

LP and the Lady Fur (LP basically)

louboutin, I agree with Karwood. Have you talked to your mom about these shoes? What concerns me about the 150s is that your body is still growing and changing. Shoes that are that high could really do damage to your spine, and I know you're probably rolling your eyes and saying, 'shut up'. It's true, though, and I'd hate to think of you doing any kind of damage to yourself just because you want to appear taller at age 14. If you were my daughter, and had a very sophisticated fashion sense, which you have, I wouldn't let you buy a shoe that high (or that expensive!). It just seems like an unwise decision. Now, if you can afford to buy them just to stare at all day long, well, that's a different story! Ha! And, if you want them just to look cool, I'm sure you already look cool just the way you are! Don't try to grow up too fast - the day will come sooner than you think, when you'd give anything to be 14 again. Trust me, I know what I'm talkin' about!! Good luck, honey.

Like I said, she's the one that suggests the shoes :roflmfao: that's how I found out about CL. now she regrets it :biggrin:

I don't mean to offend either, but I really think 150s are inappropriate for a 14 year old. You have plenty of time to grow up. Enjoy being 14.

I don't mean to offend either, but I really think 150s are inappropriate for a 14 year old. You have plenty of time to grow up. Enjoy being 14.

Honestly, I think it really depends on what you wear it with. I don't wear heels with short shorts or skirts, I usually always wear jeans because the shoes themselves are already a statement.

im sorry but that emoticon makes me giggle:roflmfao:

...i know ppl always make a big deal about OPs age but her mom is buying her these expensive shoes, which might seem crazy, but if her mother doesn't care than im pretty sure she [the OP] could give a rats behind about our opinion about general appropriateness