Is 07 black guarenteed to turn green?

bellabags23

Mar 24, 2009
Hi girls, I would really appreciate your opinions. I've been wanting an 07 Black GGH Parttime for quite sometime now. I had purchased a 07 black ggh city and an 07 black ggh parttime last year. I wound up selling them both because the city was black but had green undertones, I bought it that way. Then I purchased an 07 parttime which was very faded and very green. I was wondering does anyone out there have 07 black leather that has not changed to green? Thank you all so much I would appreciate any feedback.

Last edited:
I have 07 Black GGH PT and GGH Work.
My PT has greenish hue and dry leather and my Work is jet black and has very supple soft leather nothing like PT. I also had black city and it was very black all the way!

My 07 GSH part time is not green yet (knock on wood) but she is not jet black either-shes like a deep deep coal grey. Almost like plomb but darker if that makes sense?

girlsgottashop did u use it everyday? I wonder if you use it more will that make it change quicker or if its gonna turn to green it will weather you use it or not.
susan lee I'm glad yours hasen't changed, do you use yours often?

I don't think it's a 100% guarantee that every 07 will turn green. Though I've read on here that many s/s 2007's turned green. Mine did. While it's obvious to me, others do not notice. Perhaps you would have better luck with f/w 2007 ?? To be honest though... I'm not sure I would risk purchasing a black 07. JMO.

I have a Money Wallet GGH that I use everyday for more than a year now & it's still looking the same black as I bought it. I also have the City GGH w/c is in rotation w/ my other bags w/c I got for almost 2 years & it's still jet black. I guess if you wear it everyday, somehow it will fade as most leather do, & probably the green undertone of the dye will somehow show. All these dye colors are made up w/ different colors to get that perfect shade of color, just like some blues have purple undertones, some reds have pink undertones & so on.

Last edited:
I have a f/w 2007 GSH hobo. It is the jettest of jet blacks I have ever seen. I've had it about a year and I carry it a lot (maybe 30% of the time) but not every day. It hasn't faded a bit.

I do store all my bags in their dust bags when I am not using them and would never leave them where they would be exposed to direct sunlight for any length of time.

I had a f/w 2006 black city which was a bit faded and did have a bit of a greenish hue in certain lights.

I have a f/w 2007 GSH hobo. It is the jettest of jet blacks I have ever seen. I've had it about a year and I carry it a lot (maybe 30% of the time) but not every day. It hasn't faded a bit.

I do store all my bags in their dust bags when I am not using them and would never leave them where they would be exposed to direct sunlight for any length of time.

I had a f/w 2006 black city which was a bit faded and did have a bit of a greenish hue in certain lights.

Wow... so maybe it s/s black of 07 is more of a chance to change, this might be a dumb question... forgive my ignorance if it is... did they make 07 black ggh parttime with feet in the f/w? Also I thought I read somewhere some 08 parttime have feet, would that be true about the black?

I've had 3 black bags from f/w 07. My part time started turning green but my twiggy didn't. My day was the blackest bag I ever had with no signs whatsoever of fading or turning to green (gorgeous leather too, that may have something to do with it). Go figure. I also had one s/s 07 black bag which did turn green and the retailer gave me a full refund because of it. If you find a jet black bag from f/w 07 you'll probably be OK (it probably would have started to turn green by now if it was going to do it) but whatever black 07 bag you buy, I'd look at it carefully before taking the risk. Unless you don't mind the faded black vintage look.

I don't think it's a 100% guarantee that every 07 will turn green. Though I've read on here that many s/s 2007's turned green. Mine did. While it's obvious to me, others do not notice. Perhaps you would have better luck with f/w 2007 ?? To be honest though... I'm not sure I would risk purchasing a black 07. JMO.

I have an 07 Black Twiggy which has not turned green, nor does it have green undertones at all. It is not jet black, though. It's more like a deep, dark charcoal gray. It's been like that since I bought it (I'm the original owner). I actually love the color because it's so unique.

So glad to read it's not just my black 07 city that's got a bit of a green tinge! Generally it's still clearly black but under direct light it's definitely noticeably got that green affect. I don't really mind it to be honest as it makes it look pretty loved and vintage. I've worn mine literally every day I've gone out since June 07!!!