Irish Raid on Shepton

mssw157

Apr 24, 2009
There are some of us Irish girls that are planning a visit to the factory shop in Shepton Mallet at the end of April (24th) :nuts:
It would be lovely if we were to meet some of our fellow Tpfers that day! How about a meet?
BTW, mamab & cmaec - if you are interested PM me!!!

Maybe we shouldn't be alerting anyone to the Irish raid mssw - we want the pick of the bags and don't want to be fighting our fellow tpf'ers for the good stuff!!! Lol.
I booked the flights before I left the house this morning. Bargain price.
Good to talk to you & thanks for letting me join in with the raiding party! Really looking forward to the trip.

I would love too, however it is DD's b'day on the 23rd but we are away so she is having her party that day. Shame, as it would have been great to meet you lovely ladies.

I gather that Shepton has had quite a colourful past. Hangings, drawings & quarterings in the 17th century, and lots of pillaging & executing later on.

(Sadly the brewery closed in 1921 - though they're still producing cider.)

And now an Irish raid... better take care girls, the UK's oldest prison is still open!!

It's a definite maybe Mssw!

I'm not 100% sure that I can make it, but the flights are so cheap that I might just book them anyway... ;)

Good idea. Hope you can make it, but you won't have lost much if you book now in the hope that it works out.
I'm a bit worried about your mention of prison though. I hope it won't be debtors prison that we end up in!!! Lol.

Oooh exciting! Too far for me too unfortunately, I would have loved to have seen some of you girls face to face as it were. Hope you have a brilliant time, enjoy your cream tea and handbags extravaganza! We expect a full report on your return BTW!