Irish girls hof event

I don't know if it is just HoF Dundrum Tiree. I would give them a ring. SA in Hof had just received confirmation this morning that they were taking part.

cmaec, are you going?
Indiana?
Aine?
BirkinGirl?
Would love to but it's quite a round trip....Mmmh, if DH lets me bring the car to work that day, I'm defo on, but it depends on the weather. He'll need car to drop DD off to school if it's a bad day....

Thanks for letting us know! Must ring and see if they have the mitzy in rouge noir in stock.

I think BT is having their annual xmas 20% off day early December.
Can anyone remember if this normally includes Mulberry?

Went to Belfast HoF yesterday to ask the girls if they would be taking part and they're definitely not. :tdown: But the Manager checked her list of stores taking part and HoF Dundrum was listed as NOT taking part. She guessed it must just be for the Mulberry meet.

You lucky girls! I SO wish I could go.

Just got a phone call from HoF Dundrum. Aoife told me that Mulberry decided to reverse their decision re increase on prices??? Apparently there was a meeting and prices are back to what they were before 1 November. It got a bit confusing after that and I couldn't figure out whether she meant just Ireland (wouldn't that be discriminatory?) or whether that was Mulberry everywhere...:confused1:

Anyhoo, event is on for next Thursday and I'll try my d*** best to be there!

^^^I think they were £550 before. Maybe I just totally misunderstood her and she meant HoF and not Mulberry? Maybe it's some canny marketing ploy by HoF? I'll find out next week and if I can get an extra goodie bag, I promise I'll send it up to you...:biggrin:

Oooh! This is getting exciting! I fell in love with the E/W black print Bays in Dundrum on Monday, but couldn't even consider it with the 100 euro price increase... but if it's back down again with 10% off.... oooh! Do you think they'll be dishing out goody bags? I'm aiming to be there and I'd love you meet you all!

Re. BT's 20% off day in Dec... do you know the date? I've a feeling it applied to Mulberry last year, cos I went in looking for an Anthony afterwards and was told that they had sold out with the discount. I'll pop in tomorrow and see if I can get any info.

Indiana - I was told last week that goody bags would be involved. I strongly hope so! Even if I don't buy anything - I have a journey from town to Dundrum and back to North Co Dublin, so it better be worth it....:graucho:

When BT had their 20% off promotion in April I bought my Mitzy there, i.e. Mulberry was included in the sale!

Hi Mssw it is only HoF Dundrum who are reversing the increases. I don't know why but it is nice to see some sense prevailing.
Definitely going next Thursday. Have my eye on a few things.!!!!

Ladies out of interest. Are you cheaper buying a Mulberry in Belfast given that the euro is almost on a level with the pound. Or does UK VAT wipe out any saving?

I was in Dublin last Nov and the apartments we stayed in keep sending me special offers. However I'm sure the exchange rate would still make it really rubbish for UK citizens.

Yes, Corries, you're right, the exchange rate is an issue, and it varies so much. Very few companies stick with the correct rate: they just set it some point in the distant past when it suited them... With HoF in Dublin sticking to the old prices and giving 10% off and a goody bag, that just more or less equates to the sterling new price. It's much more favourable for us to buy in the UK at the moment, than for you to buy in the eurozone. (Belfast prices are in sterling).

As for property, although our prices have plummeted by up to 40% over the past couple of years, with the exchange rate it still wouldn't make sense for you to invest here. However, I hope you enjoyed your time in Dublin and will come back again soon for the craic if not the prices!